Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the range today. There's an indoor range about 30 min. from my house. Unfortunatly $15 cost. But handy when I can't get out to the country.
I love reloading! I'm hooked. I was very pleased to see every one of the bullets go BANG! I was afraid to load a lot of bullets for the 45 before I could verify I was making them correctly! It's a good feeling when you are actually shooting bullets that you made yourself.
Maybe I just had a good day, but I couldn't believe my POA was at least close to the POI. I had reloaded some 110 gr. JHP boolits and some 95 gr. JHP for my S&W 38 special snubbie. The 95 gr were better for me. With 4.0 gr. of SR 7625, they felt like I was shooting a 22! What fun! Also some 230 gr JRN for my PT 745. They were very good also. I put a silouett target all the way back to the end of the indoor range, maybe 40-50 feet. I loaded two magazines with 5 rounds each, shot 5 rapidly to the head area and changed mags and shot 5 quick ones to the center mass and surprised myself to see all were mostly in the areas I shot. All were to the body. A good excersize. I love a good day at the range. It's like a good golf day. the good ones keep you coming back. :)

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I always enjoy reading an excited handgunner's range report.

Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Reactions: BBGun

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Days at the range are always good. And if you're shooting well, they're even better.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats on the reload success and a good day at the range.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Good news like this makes me feel warm and fuzzy; allover!!!!!!!!
Good shooting, makes gaining experience FUN.

Reactions: BBGun

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nice report - glad you're having fun shooting your own bullits! I'm just itching to get out and shoot one of these days...too many family/holiday commitments not to mention there's been just enough snow falling to limit my opportunities.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Great to hear you had a good day and that your reloads were successful.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congrats on the reloads Sir and the awesome day at the range

·
Registered
194 Posts
Always a good feeling knowing that you did something right, especially when it come to something like reloading. Great job and glad you had great success at the range!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts