Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my new 24/7 Pro 40S&W to the range today along with my S.A. 1911. The 1911 was dead on from 5yd to 15yd. No problems at all. The Taurus, however... Had to aim at the upper right had corner of an 8" target at 5 yds to hit near the middle. At 7yd, almost off the paper in the upper right had to be near the middle. At 10yd, upper right hand of the paper was low and left. At 15yd, hard to stay on the paper. I used the sighting picture described by one of the other members here (and Heine themselves). I think I'm going to call Taurus and send it back for "repairs". This is horrible accuracy. I know it's not designed to be a "target" pistol but if there is a threat at 10yds, I might be off target and actually involving innocent bystanders. Has anyone else had this bad of a sighting problem with theirs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think I'm going to call Taurus and send it back for "repairs". This is horrible accuracy. I know it's not designed to be a "target" pistol but if there is a threat at 10yds, I might be off target and actually involving innocent bystanders. Has anyone else had this bad of a sighting problem with theirs?
I hear ya, pgreen7436 I too am thinking of sending a new 24/7 pro 9mm back for some factory work to correct a serious accuracy problem.

Inititally, I thought it was shooting OK, but the first time I fired it I was shooting kinda fast at 15 yards and not checking my work much, just getting the feel for the trigger and recoil. Also, turns out my dad accidentally took more than a few shots at my target with his ruger .357mag, now I think I was counting his hits as mine!

Anyways, I took it to the range for the second time, today, to take some time and get accurate with this pistol, and now I'm thinking it's not shooting so great at all.

Started with some 5 yard targets. Shooting very low, like about 5-6 inches low, although it was very good left/right.

At 10 yards if I used the sights as-recommended, it was way low, like as in off the paper low. If I aligned the top of the rear sight to the base of the front sight (in other words, the top of the slide), it hit dead on at 10 yards. Boy howdy, did that make for a stupid sight picture, the front sight sitting on top of the rear sight like a little hat.

I didn't even try 15 yards. It's only gonna get worse as bullet drop increases.

I also took my good old trusty Sig P220 .45acp today, which shot dead on as always, so I know it wasn't just me.

So I guess I have choices,
(1a) shim the rear sight up a lot and/or
(1b) grind down the front sight a lot or,
(2) send the thing back to Taurus with a letter that says WTF?

I'm thinking choice 2. Which is truly disappointing because I do like a lot of things about this pistol, but that kind of accuracy issue is a total showstopper.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
If its that far off send it in. You said its not designed to be a target pistol but It is very very accurate once its dialed in.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I went to the range to shoot some. I was freezing cold and shooting rapidly. I had maybe one or 2 shots off the critical area of the silouhette I was shooting.

·
Registered
127 Posts
They are accurate, mine was doing the same thing. I had to send mine back also, I got it back and it was still doing it a little bit. I played around with the type of ammo that I was feeding through it and all was good. No problems anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts