Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took the TH-9 to the range this morning. Ran 6 magazines (102 rounds) through it with no issues at all.

It's, apparently, been about 8 months since I've done any shooting (shame on me) so my shooting wasn't the best that I'm capable of.... However,

Considering that the TH-9 is a good bit heavier, and larger, the the 111 G2 that I've been carrying, I didn't feel that my shooting was too bad.

Not used to double action on the first shot, so each first shot was a bit errant, as you'll see on my first target, but the remainder were in the meat of the target.

It'll take me a couple of trips to the range to really get the feel of the TH-9 but I think I'm really going to like it for both home defense and the ocassional carry.

I think it's a nice addition to my collection.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for the range report. I want to know if the mags are the same as the 809...... If so it goes to the top of my short list.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Sounds like a good time at the range with your new pistol! Shoot with the DA trigger a lot at the beginning, you will get used to it. My Beretta PX4 has a DA/SA trigger and I don't hardly even notice the DA trigger pull I have done it so much.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice! Thanks for the range report. I want to know if the mags are the same as the 809...... If so it goes to the top of my short list.
I sent Mec-Gar an email to see if the Magazines could be purchased directly from them. This is their response.

Ed,

We manufacture them for Taurus, but unfortunately anon-compete agreement does not allow us to sell them or their partsaftermarket. If you have any further questions please contact us again.

Mec-Gar USA, Inc.
905 Middle Street
Middletown, CT 06457

I wish that I knew if the 809 mags would work in the TH-9

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I sent Mec-Gar an email to see if the Magazines could be purchased directly from them. This is their response.

Ed,

We manufacture them for Taurus, but unfortunately anon-compete agreement does not allow us to sell them or their partsaftermarket. If you have any further questions please contact us again.

Mec-Gar USA, Inc.
905 Middle Street
Middletown, CT 06457

I wish that I knew if the 809 mags would work in the TH-9
809 mags are hard to come by.....I passed on a used 809 cause it was the price as the TH9.... Oh well..... Just my luck.

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Yet another reason some customers more "experienced" with Taurus and their supply/parts limitations are going elsewhere. Not a criticism, I get that Taurus makes a nice profit on mags. That said, a semi auto pistol with a worn magazine and no way to refurbish or replace it in a timely / cost effective manner renders said pistol to "never carry" status for me. And that's just not something I'm willing to deal with.

The only Taurus pistols I'd consider buying now are their revolvers and those would be used ones from "less troubled" times in the past.

Looking at things from a more logical/realistic stand point: is a $250-$300 semi automatic pistol from Taurus really a deal, if once the mags are worn, you basically have a hand loaded single shot? Or pay ridiculous prices for mags on places like GunBROKER or FleaBay? :(

YMMV.

·
Administrator
18,180 Posts
EdinGeorgia - Glad you've had good results so far with your new Taurus TH-9! :cool: Congratulations and may it serve you well! :smile:

As the new TH-9's come out, I expect we will hear/read more good things about them! :smile:

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
8,885 Posts
Thanks for the range report.

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
Yet another reason some customers more "experienced" with Taurus and their supply/parts limitations are going elsewhere. Not a criticism, I get that Taurus makes a nice profit on mags. That said, a semi auto pistol with a worn magazine and no way to refurbish or replace it in a timely / cost effective manner renders said pistol to "never carry" status for me. And that's just not something I'm willing to deal with.

The only Taurus pistols I'd consider buying now are their revolvers and those would be used ones from "less troubled" times in the past.

Looking at things from a more logical/realistic stand point: is a $250-$300 semi automatic pistol from Taurus really a deal, if once the mags are worn, you basically have a hand loaded single shot? Or pay ridiculous prices for mags on places like GunBROKER or FleaBay? :(

YMMV.
AND!!
the reason that likely the only Bull guns that I will keep are the PT1911's, and my old 1987 PT99 until I break the rear sight, then I will have that one bronzed and put it on the mantel.

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Sounds good OP! I am looking forward to finally seeing one of these up close.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'd like to see it up close to and compare to an hk usp 9mm or the like.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts