Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday I went to the range with my Ruger 10/22 and PT 145 Mil. Pro. I was nervous and excited since the PT145 is my first handgun. I really didn't work on shooting technique, I just wanted to see how the pistol felt. I was pleasantly suprised, a fair amount of kick but managable. I need to work on better control when firing. I didn't shoot my Ruger as much as I normally do, but still had fun hollowing out the bullseye on some targets. There was a guy who had just bought a Sig Sauer 9mm pistol and he let us sqeeze off a clip. It felt good and I was able to control it better. Later another guy let us shoot his Sig Sauer 556, I really liked it. Then he let us fire off a clip on his Kimber 1911. I now know I want one later. Anyway, here are some pics.

Laters

·
32,737 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Great pictures, love that 10/22.

·
Registered
147 Posts
****** Loco said:
There was a guy who had just bought a Sig Sauer 9mm pistol and he let us sqeeze off a clip. It felt good and I was able to control it better. Later another guy let us shoot his Sig Sauer 556, I really liked it. Then he let us fire off a clip on his Kimber 1911. I now know I want one later. Anyway, here are some pics.
Well DUH! Of course you could control the 9mm better than a what 3" 45. Two things control the amount of recoil you feel when firing a gun. The length of the barrel and the cal of the round. GET A GRIP... literally. And usually the smaller the gun, the shorter the barrel, and the bigger the round the grip needs to be better. If there is one thing you don't want to do it is limp wrist a short barrel big cal gun. My little Mill Pro PT140 will rip your hand off if you do and i would bet your PT145 will do the same.

That 1911 was a sweet shooter wasn't it... Get a full sized 5" barrel and it will be a real nail driver for you if you do your part, and with little recoil because of the length of the barrel and the size and weight of the gun.

·
Registered
179 Posts
From what I gathered here is you like just about every other gun better than the mil pro. Im confused It looks like the range report should have been for the other guns and not your Taurus

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, don't get your panties in a bunch guys. This is my first pistol and I bought it to overcome my pistol shyness. I really liked the PT145 but have little experience with pistols, so that is why I commented on the other firearms. If you select few have a problem with it too bad. I want to experience as much as I can especially if the owner of said firearm is nice enough to let me. I really thought this was a civil and friendly forum but I could be wrong.

Laters

·
Administrator
40,396 Posts
Give ol' ****** Loco a chance. Like he said, the PT145 is his first handgun. He's got lots to see and experience. Weren't we all like that in the beginning? I was. :angel:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
This is a civil and friendly forum ****** Loco. Some people just seem to forget where they started as Smokewagon stated.

·
32,737 Posts
No foul ****** Loco on your part.
Sounds like a few people need to watch their manners or just chill out a bit.
We're all glad for the posts you've made.

Everyone has something to bring to this place and you have brought good things.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanx everyone who responded. I know there are always a few in the bunch :rolleyes:. Oh well i won't be going anywhere soon. My BIL just bought a PT140 Mil. Pro at Academy. He really like my PT145 and wanted something bigger than his Bersa Thunder .380. I can't wait to go shooting again so I can start seeing what my PT145 can do; I know it will do better than I can at the present time. Practice, Practice, Practice ;D.

Laters

·
Registered
179 Posts
jgos929 said:
From what I gathered here is you like just about every other gun better than the mil pro. Im confused It looks like the range report should have been for the other guns and not your Taurus
I must have read your original post wrong......Or I guess i'm just "one of those" good luck with the Taurus

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the PT140...great little pistols IMO....BTW, handguns use "magazines" not "clips." Clips are used in bolt action rifles. ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pawdog said:
I have the PT140...great little pistols IMO....BTW, handguns use "magazines" not "clips." Clips are used in bolt action rifles. ;)
My bad, I use them loosely depending on who I am speaking with. We went out tonight after TS Dolly passed through and had a good time with both the PT145 and the PT140. Again I should have brought more ammo with me, so I ran out early. My BIL let me squeeze off a few mags and it felt really nice. The grip felt a little too small for me and was a little short too. I was able to get a decent grouping with my PT145 and am real happy with my purchase.

Laters

·
Registered
19 Posts
****** Loco said:
Well yesterday I went to the range with my Ruger 10/22 and PT 145 Mil. Pro. I was nervous and excited since the PT145 is my first handgun. I really didn't work on shooting technique, I just wanted to see how the pistol felt. I was pleasantly suprised, a fair amount of kick but managable.
I too was a little apprehensive when I purchased my 3rd Gen Pt-145 pro Stainless.
I thought, this little stubby is going to kick like a mule! I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was an easy shooter. I love the looks and feel of the gun and how concealable it is, not to mention 45 caliber. Just a cool gun! I can’t believe Taurus sells them so cheap. Oops.

I’ll tell you what though, I also like my Kimber too, but one of my favorite guns is my little Kel-Tec PF-9. I know some people have had negative experiences with them, but mine up to this point has been great! I have it in my pocket right now. It goes everywhere with me even when I have one of my other weapons on me. I just like it!

I’m not new to firearms I’m 54 and have been around them since I was a kid, but I am new to the fascination with them, that just happened 2 yrs ago, so I’m no where near as knowledgeable as most of you, but I do believe that each weapon in your collection has it’s own personality and should be appreciated for it's individual characteristics. I don't expect my Kel-Tec to shoot like my PT-145 or it to shoot like the glock 19. Cool thing is, I usually take a couple people with me when I shoot and we all have something to shoot.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Like TNT..I was apprensive when I purchased a used 2nd Gen PT145 Mil-Pro. Thankfully it has worked just great sofar and I am sure it will continue. It was not like I needed another handgun...but I sure like this one for CC.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts