Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went to the range today with the new sights.
I had better results with the new 2 dot than the straight eights. I'm not sure I gave it the best testing today as I was also testing some new loads.
As it went though, I was mostly hitting about 8:00, about 1 inch down from 10 ring at about 30 feet. I had about a 2 1/2" grouping. The sights do have some adjustment available as the set screw sits in a small hole and can be moved slightly. The grouping can be adjusted from the left to center, but I'm pretty sure the 6:00 hold still won't work as the sight height is similar and so the aim point is still the same.
I still need to do some shooting with standard rounds and see if the pattern remains the same. I still like the 2 dot better. It just seems more natural.
I will post some pics tomorrow.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Sounds good so far.

I'll enjoy seeing your range pics. ;)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a pic of the range target from yesterday.
I should have kept more of the targets but this will give you the idea.
Still shooting low left.
The black target was covering the bullseye with the front sight. The shots in the silouett with holes low left were 6:00 POA. The shots in the red were front sight covering the center of target.
The silouett was 15 yards. The black target was ten yards.
Like I said I was shooting new loads too. So I'll have to do it all over again. Darn it. :D

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts