Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so myself, my father and stepmom took a trip to the range. My PT92 performed as usual, no ftf, fte or anything. Love this gun! Getting more accurate with each trip. So far about 350 rounds. Then i took a turn with my dads SR9C. that one will certainly take time to get use to, nice trigger though. Then it was onto my stepmoms Sig 226 and was able to group comparable to my Taurus. rather impressed actually. But the best was something I didnt expect. My father brought his S&W 629. OMG!!!! First ill say we were using special loads, not mags. the trigger was light and amazing, i was shocked. I laughed cause i was grouping rather well despite being 2" high. My father has mentioned selling it since he doesnt shoot it often and he gotten a few offers for it. after this weekend i told him my Taurus needs a locker buddy. He laughed and said maybe....Still enjoying my Taurus, time for an ammo trip.

·
Super Moderator
40,725 Posts
Sounds like a good time. PT-92/99 are great shooters.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I still get a kick out of shooting my PT-92. Sounds like you had a good time.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Sounds like you and your family had a great time at the range! My PT92 is very accurate and eats whatever I feed it, gotta love that pistol.

Reactions: taurusgunner

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Well you know what they say, "a family that shoots together, tends to respect on another". OK, maybe I'm the only one who says this, but it could catch on...maybe.

Sounds like a great day. As for that S&W, it could be about time to tell good Ole Dad how great it would be for this hand cannon to be passed down through the family for generations to come.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, i really want to run some mags through it. I remember when he bought it in the early mid 80's. I was floored when he asked if i wanted to shoot it. Went last night and ran another 100 rounds through my PT92 after a thorugh cleening. Have such a hard time putting it down.

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
If you dont already reload the cost of .44 ammo will get you to start real quick. I got a set of 9mm dies for Christmas a couple years back (I had asked for them) The guy at Bass pro had told my FIL reloading 9mm was a waste of time because it was so cheap, guess who's laughing now.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Love my PT92 glad you enjoy yours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts