Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after owning my 9mm PT111 G2 for about what 2 weeks. I finally got the time to run down some ammo and had a Day with my Dad and I at the range. The Temp was near 70* Slight wind at about 5-8 mph.
The ammo first tested. Wolf 115 FML steel case. After squeezing a few rounds off at my shot gun target to get familiar wit the gun. I decided to setup up a target at a closer range of 7 yards. This is what I have noticed every one shoots these guns at.

So I commenced to firiing away at a paper plate. I noticed the gun was shooting low and to the left. I was not taking a lolley pop site picture either. I was covering the center with the front site and squeezing them off.
Grouping was really tight from what I saw. But shooting low was not where I wanted to be.

I adjusted the sights all the way to the right and all the way up. After that I changed ammo to some Estate Ammo I found. Brass casings and box primers. 115 grain fmj.
I had my Dad watch where they flew when ejected. So I could save them for later reloading purpose.
I changed to a Easy spot target and held the same sight picture as before. I commenced to squeeze of some rounds. The proof is in the target.

All in all, I am very pleased with my purchase of this pistol. With a little more practice at the range and some more ammo testing. I will be able to shoot and take my CCP class and pass.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice shooting! I bought a used G2 PT111 today because it had the sights cranked all the way to the right and all the way up. It seems the only complaint I could find on the internet was that they shoot low and left. I set the sights back to the middle and fired three rounds to see what I had. It's a shooter. I could nearly cover the first three shots with a quarter, so I quit and went home. I'll go back with my wife some cool morning and we'll both have fun with this little gun. I simply cannot believe how much gun I bought for so little money. I took a fine ceramic stone and worked on all the sharp objects on the plastic grip and it's now more comfortable to hold and a pleasure to shoot. I plan to call my FFL Tuesday and have him call me when he gets another one in because I'm sure I'm going to lose this one to my wife as soon as she shoots it.

julie

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
And you'll likely move the sighs again too, as you get more used to the dandy weapon.
Nice shooting.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Nice shooting, and I hope you like your PT111 G2 as much as I like mine! It feels great in the hand, has a trigger as smooth as butter, and shoots very consistently.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
When I use paper plates, I put one of the little dots from the peel off targets dead center. The smaller the target, the better I shoot. A friend told me that if I ever had to defend myself, rather than shoot at the BG's chest, shoot at the shirt button in the middle of his chest. If you don't have the dots, draw a small dot in the middle with a magic marker. Just 2 cents worth from an old guy ...
Shoot your PT111 in good health.
I love my first gen DAO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts