Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shooting BVAC 210 gr LSWC listed at 1200 fps.

The first two rounds were SA, kneeling using a barrel as a rest, 25 yards. They almost touched, but in the target's left ear. That had to be my fault. The next one was in the X ring. The next two cut the X.

I then put a cylinder through the sinus cavity at 7, extended stance DA, rapid fire. Then 4 through the X ring and one into the next ring at 5 from the hip. I put the rest of the box right where I wanted them from 7-15 yards from my normal compressed stance.

She's a keeper. The only thing I may do is paint the front sight. SS on SS is hard to pick up, especially with the sun bright and just about straight overhead.

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
Very nice ! How was recoil? Hopefully it was controllable enough for self defense......

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On par with +P out of a J Frame sized gun or .44 Spc out of a CA Bulldog. The trigger is nice. I was alone so I can't give you an exact time, but I was emptying 5 into the head fast DA from 7-15 yards. One hand from the hip was pleasant, too.

If I had taken more ammo, I'd have shot it. I need to start rolling my own.

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
Yep - 41 magnum can't be cheap. Keep your brass just in case. 8)

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I need to keep a roll of paper towels next to my computer keyboard. :drool:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
To give you an idea, the compressed stance I use is very much like Center Axis Relock. I hold the gun close to my face. Full size autoloader slides usually brush the tip of my nose. I'm sure you can imagine I would not have fired many rounds like that if recoil was excessive. I used a conventional Weaver at first (after the rested shots) to make sure I'd be OK bringing it in close.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts