Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had posted this at the end of my thread about buying the gun, but thought it might be easier to find by itself.

RANGE REPORT! So, I got to take it to the Farm today. First 5 shots out of the box dead-center red zone from 7 yds. Ran first box of 50 alternating 5 shot groups from both 12 shot and 10 shot clips. No problems whatsoever. VERY pleased with the accuracy. Recoil not too bad considering I was coming from a Colt Delta Elite 10mm. Second box of 50 I tried loading both clips to max capacity. NO problems with the 12 round mag, but I had 2 stove-pipes with the smaller 10 round clip, when it tried to feed a new round before the spent round ejected. After clearing, emptied the mag fine. I am thinking it is a spring issue. I will try to work on that tomorrow. Other than that, I am very happy with the gun!.

Update: I just pulled the 10 round mag apart. No apparent burs, but some "gunk", so I cleaned it up real well, and reloaded both mags to full capacity. I will try again tomorrow!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok so back to the farm today. Shooting remington instead of federal. Seems much hotter. No probs whatsoever w the 12 rnd mag but multiple issues any time i tried to load 10 rnd mag with full 10. Would do fine with 8 but not 10. Seemed like the misfeed or ejection issue would always occur after the third shot. I will call taurus mon or tue. Getting used to the trigger. Accurate gun if I can resolve the feed or eject issues with the small mag. Just weird that the only issues are with the smaller mag. Any thoughts???

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ok so back to the farm today. Shooting remington instead of federal. Seems much hotter. No probs whatsoever w the 12 rnd mag but multiple issues any time i tried to load 10 rnd mag with full 10. Would do fine with 8 but not 10. Seemed like the misfeed or ejection issue would always occur after the third shot. I will call taurus mon or tue. Getting used to the trigger. Accurate gun if I can resolve the feed or eject issues with the small mag. Just weird that the only issues are with the smaller mag. Any thoughts???

Take the small mag apart and see if the spring is upside down or try flipping it. Please keep us updated. God Bless :)

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
A couple times mine got 'stuck' after a couple rounds from the fully loaded 10. Part of the spring seemed to be 'stuck' in that small rectangle on the backside at the bottom of the mag. The first couple rounds fired, but then the follower didn't follow. The rounds rattled loose inside the mag. Since this happened at the range, I didn't take the mag apart, but pushed the follower down and squirt some RemOil on the inside of the mag walls. So far so good. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VBVAGuy, and Zylo: Both interesting and helpful comments. Thanks. I did take the small mag apart, AGAIN. Cleaned it up again, and then took apart my GOOD mag, and made sure that both were configured the same. I even removed the slide, and put a spent round in the extractor, which seemed to hold it correctly. I tried to find another 10 round clip online, and at CTD, and none has them. I did order two more 12 round clips, which will probably be here the end of the week. Hopefully Taurus just wants my 10 round mag, and not the whole gun. Guess we'll see.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
When you ordered the 12 round mags, did they say if they included the 'sleeve' adapter??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Zylo: Well, good point. I had to go back and look. Unfortunately, the CTD website does NOT refer to the sleeve, or include it in the picture. DOH!!!! I am going to try to cancel the Order, and wait to see what Taurus says.

Too late: according to CTD website, Order has already shipped. Jeez. I did not notice that they did not include the gap cover. Good catch Zylo. Now I guess I will try to find some of the "sleeves".

·
Registered
328 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that someone called Taurus CS and they sent them some sleeves since they do not seem to be available anywhere. You can try that. God Bless :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to Taurus CS this morning. They ARE open. The CS rep offered to send me a replacement 10 round mag. However, he then discovered that they did not have any to send. He did offer to send me a 12 round mag, but since I already have two of those on the way, I elected to be put on the "wait" list for the 10 round, because I could not find those anywhere! While I had him on the phone, I did ask him about the "sleeve" of the 12 round mags. He knew exactly what I was talking about, but said that they did not have those either, and they have not even been assigned a part number.
So, he was certainly nice enough, but really no progress made.
I guess I will continue to shoot it using the 12 round mags, and if it starts to have feed or eject issues with those, I will insist on sending it back.
Tom

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
TJHfwtx,
At the top of this forum there is a 'sticky' comparing the 24/7 magazines. Perhaps you could check the 'lips' on yours' versus the photos posted and confirm you got the correct version?? With luck, you might be able to make a minor bend/adjustment to help the feeding. Fortunately, so far, my magazines have not been a problem. If we meet at the range before you find a fix, we'll compare.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: I went out to the farm against yesterday, in the 35 mph crosswind and dust storm. My factory 12 round mag, and the 2 Taurus 12 round mags I had gotten through CTD all worked flawlessly. However, the 10 round mag is still a total pos. It repeatedly and consistently causes a jam after the 4th shot. I had taken it apart, and can not figure out what is wrong. Taurus has said that they will replace the 10 round mag, but they do not have any. ??????? So, for now I am stuck using the 12 round mags. However, that said, the gun is amazingly accurate at 7 yds, even in a crosswind - lol.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Update: I went out to the farm against yesterday, in the 35 mph crosswind and dust storm. My factory 12 round mag, and the 2 Taurus 12 round mags I had gotten through CTD all worked flawlessly. However, the 10 round mag is still a total pos. It repeatedly and consistently causes a jam after the 4th shot. I had taken it apart, and can not figure out what is wrong. Taurus has said that they will replace the 10 round mag, but they do not have any. ??????? So, for now I am stuck using the 12 round mags. However, that said, the gun is amazingly accurate at 7 yds, even in a crosswind - lol.

I wonder if the 24/7 G2 .45acp Compact is selling well and that is the reason why they are short on the replacement magazines ??? I know every show that I have attended for the last year I have not seen any of the .45acp compacts anywhere. I have seen both the 9mm and .40S&W models. God Bless :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts