Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Range report for new PT1911...

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  darbo 
#1 · (Edited)
As I posted earlier today I got myself a early birthday present. This is my second PT1911. Both are aweseome guns!

Besides just wanting another gun I only had one .45ACP and if something were to go wrong with it I needed a back up. After a lot of going over my options it made sense to just get another of the same gun.

This one was REALLY dirty from the factory. My 2 other Tauri were not all that dirty but this one was thick with the packing grease. I spent about an hour trying to get it cleaned up before heading to the range.

The gun came in the plastic box with 2 mags. I paid $580+tax for it. Maybe not the best price but I was satisifed with it and I like spending the money with the local shop.

Out of the box this thing shoots perfect! It may actually be better than the first one if that is possible. I ran 100, 230gr. FMJ through and a couple of mags of PDX1, 230gr. hollow points. She handled both types of ammo just fine. My first 1911 had trouble with some HPs at first but doesn't now. I will probably do a little fluff and buff on her just to make things smooth and purdy.

I don't really know what else to say other than buy one!
Here's pic of my twins. The top one is about one year old.
Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Starting pistol

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah, I like em....

#4 ·
Nice, I'm jealous.

#5 ·
Nice! I wish Taurus would make a commander size & 3 inch size 1911 I know they would sell.

Reactions: BMC
#6 ·
That's nice...twice as nice! Congrats on the new family member.

#8 ·
Congrats!
You are correct, everyone needs a back up 1911, or maybe 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc!
you can never tell when a bunch of them may go down and you still need a carry gun!

#13 ·
Twins!! "may be" after the Stainless, Duo-Tune, and AL, but not right of the bat, enjoy.
OH Goodness!
I am such a sick puppy!!!

Attachments

Reactions: darbo
#14 ·
dcc, by choose another PT1911 I'm thinking you mean a 1911 instead of just a .45 of some sort? I did consider a PX4 in .45, I have the PX4 in 9mm and love it. I also considered a PT845.

To answer your question, I do tend to be of the mind that if it ain't broke don't fix it. I truly enjoy my first PT1911 and I like the lifetime warranty. Plus the Taurus comes with a lot of the "upgrades" that a person might decide to add to a lesser pistol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.