Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new Taurus 24/7 compact .40 yesterday. The first thing I did was tear it apart and remove the infamous Taurus grease from the whole gun and then give it a light oil application. The gun feels great in my hand (the reason I purchased next to the great price) compared to the Springfield XD,and S&W m&p. So I went to the range (my back yard) and loaded both clips with Winchester fmj 165 gr. The 15 round clip was a little hard to load but got easier.

Long story short, I had 3 to 4" groups @25 yards with 100 rounds with NO problems with feed or ejection. I'm sure my grouping will get better after getting use to the compact a bit more. This gun has quite a bit recoil that I'm used to on my 9mm's but very managable. This will definately be my CC gun.

The only complaint I may have is that the both mags had a 1/16" gap from the bottom of the gun. I wish they would have been a bit more snug fit. Next to my Sig P228 9mm, this is my favorite gun. Got back home, tore the gun apart again and cleaned the heck out of it. Good as new. Ready for another 100 rounds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought my 24/7 Pro C .40 today and have not been to the range yet, but I also have that small gap between the bottom of the grip and both magazines. I can push the magazine up snug, but it comes back out that 1/16th of an inch when I release the pressure. Anyone else have this?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Welcome from Colorado Springs and enjoy the shooting. I have the 24/7 .45 ACP and absolutely love it. It is my CC weapon.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Good report - I haven't heard one bad thing about the 24/7 Pro .40 cal - sounds like a real winner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts