Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I finally got a chance to break the PT111 3rd generation in... I put 200 rounds through it of winchester 115 Gr 9mm. I had no major malfunctions... I had one round that felt abnormally light and it missed the target, thinking it may be still in the barrel I unloaded the gun checked... It had left the barrel and the gun even ejected the cartridge and loaded up the next round. I think the round just didn't have enough velocity to make it down range... that being my only problem the entire time I would vouch to say that Taurus makes an excelent weapon... Most of my shooting was done at 10-15 yards and with the exception of my first couple of target's most my shots were looking something like this...
http://pirho3141.googlepages.com/rangereport

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
That's better than I usually do, after 100 rounds I have a ragged hole 4 inches down and to the left. I did get near the center a couple of times, but I'm sure it was a mistake.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jlentz said:
That's better than I usually do, after 100 rounds I have a ragged hole 4 inches down and to the left. I did get near the center a couple of times, but I'm sure it was a mistake.
What type of ammo were you using jlentz? and are you using the straight 8 sights?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Last time out was Winchester 115 grain from Wal-Mart. I shoot the same with all types of ammo. it seems, and yes the Heinie sites.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jlentz said:
Last time out was Winchester 115 grain from Wal-Mart. I shoot the same with all types of ammo. it seems, and yes the Heinie sites.
I just guess practice makes perfect... before i owned this weapon, my friends used to take me almost monthly and just let me use theirs... one of the weapons was a taurus pt92 and i got used to that...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.