Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I took my new 605 to the range last night and fired 75 rounds of .38 special +P out of it. It did not kick nearly as much as I thought it would- compared to my old .40 Glock. That muzzle flash was a hell of a thing though. I whooped the first time I saw it. :D It took a bit for me to get the shots where I wanted them because the color of the sight and frame are the same. Well, that and I was getting used to firing it.

I asked one of the guys as the range and he suggested using a bright colored nail polish on the tip to make it stand out a bit more. I have some bright red automotive touch-up paint. Would that work?

I like the grip and probably will not replace it with the longer one from Taurus. Now I just need to find a good holster. I had a Blackhawk picked out for my Glock because of the trigger lock. Anyone have a good brand to recommend? I have been checking Amazon and reading reviews but I can't really decide.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
See if your significant other might have some bright nail polish :) Works great......or go to Wally World and get some

·
Registered
901 Posts
See if your significant other might have some bright nail polish :) Works great......or go to Wally World and get some
Agree with Grumpy, the nail polish is great, it does the trick for me too. But if you like the stuff you have on hand give it a go.

Glad to hear that your 605 suits you well. Enjoy!

·
9,103 Posts
Cheap bright white nail polish on the upper third of the front sight, just be sure to clean the area off first. Then apply slowly - sometimes I use a toothpick instead of a brush. The key is to use just a little and follow up with a second coat. Also depending on the sight- I sometimes use a bit of tape on the part you don;t want painted to keep the edge clean. have fun - if you mess up , it is easy to remove with solvents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts