Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I bought my used 145 last week from a pawn shop and just had my first chance to shoot it today. I normally shoot at a outside range near me in south Fla(C. Webb) but I am in my camper near Orlando and went to a local indoor range. I picked up a box of WWB 230's from Wally World and headed out. After reading on the forums about some the problems many have had I was a bit apprehensive about the functioning since I bought it used.
I am happy to report that the gun functioned perfectly for all 100 rounds and also with 20 rounds of Win. H/P I got from a friend ! I know that this is not a full fledged range report but I am so pleased. :) When I get home I will put another couple hundred through it and then decide what round I am going to carry for self defense.
Tom

·
Administrator
35,575 Posts
Good report Nimble. If you get a chance, post some pics of your new used gun, I'd like to see a 2nd gen - the cousin of my 3rd gen. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congrats on the new addition to your family! With it being a used pistol it is probably already broken in and with your 100rds you put through it you probably would have seen its temperamental side, if it has one. Clean it, lube it, and take it out again, sounds like you've got a good one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, Sleeper..it looks like I got a good one! Of course, I cleaned it before I took it to the range. I have no idea how many rounds that have been through it but it didn't look like it had much wear on it at all. I do have a IWB holster ordered and will be wearing it when it arrives.
Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts