Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, finally broke 500 today and thought I'd put out a little info on my experience during, what I consider, to be the break-in period. I posted a link below that details the 1st and 2nd times out. I'll pick it up from there. In truth, the weapon could've been considered, for all intents and purposes, "broken-in" immediately following that 2nd trip. I really haven't had any problems since the first time out. Any problems I had initially more likely had to do with cleanliness (lack of it) and unfamiliarity than an actual failure on the part of the weapon. I did have to center the front sight, but it didn't cause that much of a noticeable difference in how I shot ('cause I suck anyway). I'm just anal and wanted it centered...exactly. The mags have broken in just fine. Hollow points feed well (Hornady FTX). Ball feeds well (UMC, PMC, WWB, TN Cartridge, Federal Champ, ETC.). Blah, blah, blah. I have no complaints whatsoever. I feel I got what (maybe more than) I paid for. I have complete faith in the gun. This concludes my report. Get one, you'll enjoy it.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/24-7-series/62155-24-7-g2c-45-range-report-1st-2nd-times-out.html#post778016

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Thanks for the follow-up and welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Welcome aboard, and Greetings from DFW, TX. :)

Congrats, and Thanks for posting. Glad to have another G2 owner around here, and happy to hear your good report. Even though I've had 'issues' with my G2C-45, I've maintained hope that it would eventually live up to it's potential. Your review keeps me optimistic.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, I know that after 800 rounds through my G2 in 40 S&W I really like it a lot.

·
Registered
32 Posts
after the 500rnds thru the weapon do the rails under the slide that are in the ploy frame look like they have lost any of the paint or finnish on them and if so in what areas, also does any of the weapon feel loose yet thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
after the 500rnds thru the weapon do the rails under the slide that are in the ploy frame look like they have lost any of the paint or finnish on them and if so in what areas, also does any of the weapon feel loose yet thanks
There is some "wear" on the rails, but nothing that I would consider unusual. As far as being loose goes, the gun definitely feels looser in that the parts feel as if they work much better together than they did in the beginning, but not loose in a way that would suggest anything is coming apart. Hope that answers your question.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Is your feed ramp black? Mine looks like it used to be chromed but after 200 rounds of Tula and 50 rounds of American eagle I can't get it shiny clean again!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hmmm.....not sure if I should be concerned about that or not. My first 200 rounds were all Tula and they left that gun flipping DIRTY. I put them all through in one trip.....not sure what I should do about it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
24/7 g2c .45 acp

:cool:i just passed five hundred rounds and maybe more and at fiirst my g2c .45 acp was giving minor problems but after a quick trip to my lgs it was fixed and every since fires like a charm and i love the double striker and im a lefty so it works relly well for me. but still have to adjust the sights a little so its on point, and out of five hundred rounds or so i only missed eight times. would like to land them all after some adjusting of the sights.:D

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Good review, I am glad you like the Taurus. Congrats on the new fire-arm and keep us up-dated on and Taurus news.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts