·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Gun range's ban on Muslims draws fire | Fox News

Sorry, but I know they are not all bad, but even the so called mederates arn't jumping to condem the terrorist. I wouldn't like seeing them at my range,
I have to think most moderates aren't anxious to speak out and condemn terrorists because they probably still have a lot of family back in those parts of the world where the terrorists are plentiful and often in charge... speak out and get your extended family's heads sawed off on video.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Great. This dumb b**** of a range owner is doing a great job of making gun owners look like the racist jerks that the antis are trying to portray us as. If this range was in my area I would never do business there. This the kind of thing that makes us all look bad.

I'm not defending Islam, I think that it is a fundamentally flawed idealogy that promotes hatred, inequity, and violence. Say what you will about it being a peaceful religion, the fact is that it is causing problems all over the world. The thing is that Islam is not the only religion that causes problems. Any time stupid people take a religious text literally, as the 100% truth, world-class ignorance results.

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
Sensitive subject, I'll start the popcorn.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
I don't frequent Halal markets and it wouldn't bother me if they put up a sign "Muslims only". I don't want to do business there, they don't want my business, fair enough.

When we, as a nation, erroneously decided to try an wipe out "discrimination", all we did was create another form of it with different targets. Now if you don't like something or someone we'll discriminate against you.

"In the name of being tolerant to the beliefs of others, no matter what they are, we must attack those whose beliefs don't agree with that principle"

Reactions: Wreckerman

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I see both sides of this. She has a right to refuse service, but she is also enforcing the "good ol' boy" stereotypes that people have of gun owners.

Reactions: ncfarmer

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Her range, her rules. Reminds me of smoking ordinances. Your business, your rules. Nobody is forcing me to patronize anyone. Freedom of choice is still an option.

I also feel that way, but in today's America you can't do that anymore.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I know that all muslims are not terrorists, but all of the terrorists have been muslims....

twin towers.jpeg

Terrorist SOB.jpg

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Her range, her rules. Reminds me of smoking ordinances. Your business, your rules. Nobody is forcing me to patronize anyone. Freedom of choice is still an option.
It's interesting in deed. It's her business and she can make the rules as she see's fit. No government can dictate how you run your business as long as you are not breaking a law. People she won't let in can just not patronize it. That's what I do to business I don't like or like me.

Now the way my mind works is this. Why don't someone else open a range and welcome all those other groups? Nothing like some friendly competition! ;)

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
I have to think most moderates aren't anxious to speak out and condemn terrorists because they probably still have a lot of family back in those parts of the world where the terrorists are plentiful and often in charge... speak out and get your extended family's heads sawed off on video.
I agree!

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
I have no problems with this at all

i would never spend my money there and I would tell my friends and family not to either. I think what they are doing is terrible.

But private individuals and businesses have the right to discriminate in any way they would like. All laws banning discrimination in the private sector need to be repealed.

This is a case of the dieing mentality, which used to be prevalent in the United States, I don't agree with what they say or do but I will defend their right to do or say it.

·
Registered
913 Posts

I also feel that way, but in today's America you can't do that anymore.
"Hey, it's McCrory's lunch counter, he doesn't have to serve those ******** if he don't wanna!"

********, South Carolina, 1961.

I don't know if y'all got the memo, but here in America we decided discrimination was wrong.

Reactions: Wreckerman

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
"Hey, it's McCrory's lunch counter, he doesn't have to serve those ******** if he don't wanna!"

I don't know if y'all got the memo, but here in America we decided discrimination was wrong.
I agree 100% with the "********" you mention.

While discrimination based on the race of your customers is wrong in my opinion. They real travesty is that the government forbids them from doing it. That's the horrendous part!

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
Well to me its kind of stupid for a owner of a business to do this.
first off I think she should be more worried about restricting unsafe shooters than a particular religous group.
so wonder if she was Chinese and owned a restaurant, she would only allow Chinese people to eat there?
publicity stunt is what it is.
Its these types of people that give the Tea party movement the look of bunch of crazies!

Reactions: rodfair

·
Registered
8,620 Posts

So when did we decide the solution was to oppress people out of their beliefs if "we" don't like them?

Seems to me "tolerance" includes the need to tolerate those who are less tolerant, not force them to behave as we want.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
So when did we decide the solution was to oppress people out of their beliefs if "we" don't like them?

Seems to me "tolerance" includes the need to tolerate those who are less tolerant, not force them to behave as we want.
Your last line is spot on LCR!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Wow. You guys realize that making laws so that people treat people of all races and creeds equally is actually, like totally dude, in the Constitution, right? You know all of those people that look like the ugly part of history when looking back at the Civil Rights movement in the 60's? You guys are saying the same things.

Now, if the business owner wants to turn the range into a private club? Cool beans. Augusta wants to have only male members? Fine. A business open to the public? Then, you're open to the public. All of us.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts