Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I heard from some one today that the local public range was closed for use as some idiot fired there .38 into the air. Figure the odds , acres of farm land behind the range beyond the aprox 60' berms and where does that round end up .......... in the farmers leg !!

A year ago they put up new berms 10yds out at the hand gun line so peopel wouldn't shoot at targets on the ground that were ricocheting over the 100yd berms !!

There are some gun owners that just don't respect firearms or are too stupid to own them :mad:

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,420 Posts
Stupid should hurt.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
One rotten apple spoils the bunch. Any idea who the stupid idjit was?

·
Super Moderator
37,996 Posts
Sorry to hear about both the injury and the range closing. The shooter should be prosecuted for his stupidity and carelessness. It's just a very good thing it didn't hit the farmer in a vital part of his physiology.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep thats the one , they may reopen it with a range officer but who's going to fund that ?

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
There was an incident here about two years ago where a woman in her "trailer home" was hit in the leg by a .50BMG round fired from a range over a mile away. That and the Garland gun range controversy where bullets landed in the ceiling of a kid's bedroom were BIG newsmakers, in all the wrong ways for us.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Used to go to the Garland range quite a bit, when we lived in Murphy.
Hope they get their situation cleared up.
I do enjoy going to the Eagle Gun range up in Lewisville now, indoors, and a great staff.

·
Super Moderator
37,996 Posts
Yep thats the one , they may reopen it with a range officer but who's going to fund that ?
Probably the only hope is to get volunteers that will consent to training and a schedule and give them the only keys to get into the place. The only other alternative is to build overhead but that would be really expensive.

·
Registered
248 Posts
BAN ALL GUNS! HURRY! Sorry, thinking of running for public office. Thoughts and prayers to the farmer. A gun safety course and a yardstick to the knuckles of the offender administered by a nun.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Sounds to me like it is either an improperly designed or operated, or both, shooting range. They need to pull out their range safety fans and see what the problem is. No rounds should be impacting outside the range safety fan, or impact area. I have seen some very well designed outside shooting ranges in Germany in big cities that have no problems, so it can be done.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Too bad the idiot didn't shoot himself.....Either way that makes us firearms owners look bad.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Bad day for the farmer...sad day for shooters. Hope they can identify the careless fool and prosecute him and have the farmer sue him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts