Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get an opinion about different types of Range Ammo for my 24/7 Pro C. .40
Being a new owner of this firearm I am looking for everybody's opinion on some of the ammo that they use or have used. Here are the brands that I am considering due to local availability and cost.
all rounds are FMJ with Brass. (no Lead heads and no Aluminum)
CCI Blazer Brass (Local Shop has for $12.89 for 50 rounds)
Winchester Target/Range ($25.79 for 100 Rounds)
Remington UMC (14.99 for 50 rounds)
Cabela's Bulk Ammo ($92.99 for 300 rounds)

What I was wanting to know is what have people had success with in their 24/7 pros and does any of the rounds leave a lot to clean up or does it shoot clean? Any Jams or Misfires? Accuracy?

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
i used umc in my 9mm.and white box win. all with no problems.check out umc a wally world.they have a 250 round pack thats a little cheaper then 250 of the other brands

·
Registered
70 Posts
So far Ive shot

200 Blazer Brass 230 gr. ball
50 WWB 230 gr. ball
50 Magtech 230 gr. ball
12 Remington Golden Saber 230 gr. HPJs

Thru my 24/7 .45.

I shot the Blazer brass and the Winchester white box with no hiccups (other than a misfeeding faulty mag that got sent back to Taurus). The Magtechs shot fine as well other than 2 fail to fires that were due to bad primers.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Winchester white box seems to be dirty. No problems.
American Eagle shoots cleaner and no problems. More expensive though.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I like the Winchester white box. That seems to be the ammo that I like for my 9 and my 24/7 .45 ACP. It has been the most reliable through both guns with no jams or FTF.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I use the WWB in my 9mm, .40, and .45. No issues except on Saturday. I was shooting my PT 1911 and had a light primer strike. I don't know if it was the gun or the ammo. I shot the same round again and it went bang. No problems after that.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i like blazer brass, but if i was you i buy the winchester, magtech are pretty clean ive never had any trobule with'em

1 - 9 of 9 Posts