Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The story I'm about to share just happened about an hour ago. You won't read about it in any paper or watch it on the news. This was a true act of kindness, not done for any other reason than it had to be done.

I get a call from my boss. "Someone fell in the river, check it out and let me know if I need to call 911." I run like the wind, you know the slow lingering wind that doesn't seem to get anywhere too fast, but for this fat guy it was fast. Sure enough an elderly lady had fallen in. There were 2 young men, maybe early 20s there with her. One of the guys was soaked along with the lady. I make sure everyone is fine she refused to let me call an ambulance to get her checked out. After making sure of the situation I talk to the guys and her to find out what happened.

The lady had seen a rock that she really liked and was going down to get it. She had built up too much momentum and couldn't stop. The two guys had seen her from across the river. Now this is not a large river. More of a creek for most of you. 35' across, probably 4' at its deepest point, but a pretty strong current none the less. One guy immediately jumped in and swam/waded across the river to help the lady. The other ran around over the bridge to let my boss know, which is why I got the call.

That's about where I arrived on the scene. These were two of the friendliest guys I've ever talked to. They had genuine concern for this perfect stranger and acted like true heros in my opinion. They did not have to do anything but they did everything possible and potentially saved an elderly woman's life. She even tried to give them money for helping her which they refused.

I thanked both of them. It truly was a blessing to see this kindness still existing in todays youth and gives me a little more hope for our countrys future. Its scary to think what might have happened to this lady had they not acted accordingly.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
"But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism." Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
You're right this probably won't be in the news. They're saving space for the next thug I mean choir boy that gets shot by cops.

·
Super Moderator
21,452 Posts
You're right it won't be in the news, they want us to think everyone is a animal and ready to go to war with each other. In truth I see more acts of random kindness almost everyday. You just have to look around and watch. It will never be on the news but it will be there for you to witness. And that's a good thing.
Thanks for the story!!! :)

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Great to hear stories like this! I'm glad to hear that all parties are OK. That creek had to be freezing!

MG, is this the creek running through Gatlinburg? Because that's exactly the image that popped into my head as I was reading.

Creek

·
Registered
24,537 Posts
Thanks for the story. Glad all turned out well.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great to hear stories like this! I'm glad to hear that all parties are OK. That creek had to be freezing!

MG, is this the creek running through Gatlinburg? Because that's exactly the image that popped into my head as I was reading.

Creek
Yep, that's the one.

·
Registered
16,955 Posts
It won't be in the news.
If no one dies it isn't news. The more horrible the death the better.
Then they have to talk to the nearest relative to get tears on tv.
Your story was a good one telling about real people reacting to a crisis and helping.
News media doesn't care about real people.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
The majority of the people out there will do the right thing whether anyone is looking or not.It is the ones that wait for the camera that you have to worry about.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
MG and Creek, I thought the same thing! :D Awesome news those guys were there @ just the right time. Funny how things like that just happen sometimes. :) Thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Thanks for sharing, good people are everywhere, some will even step forward and show it.

Reactions: Magnum_Gauge
1 - 16 of 16 Posts