Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of, or used Ram Line mags? CDNN Has some listed for the 92/99, in an 18 round capacity. I've heard that MecGar mags are good and reliable, but at 12.99 the Ram Line's seem like a better buy, especially if the mag is flush fit, even at the 18rnd capacity. I'm I know the 20 and 30 rounders won't, but I didn't know if the 18's would be able to.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/taurus.html

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
well ramline does'nt have anything on their website so these must be discontinued mags..

i dont know if ramline is any good i've never had any of their stuff before..
but im in desperate need of more mags for several guns.. including my pt92 so i'd be interested in finding out if these are any good.

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
These are old discontinued stock made prior to the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. Ramline discontinued manufacture prior to the ban deadline.

I have 4 of them and they were never very durable or reliable. :mad:

Stick with either Taurus or Mec-Gar brand magazines. CDNN typically has good prices on them and that's where I've gotten mine.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I would also go with MecGar. I use them in my P11 and have had few issues (dirty mags) in 1000+ rounds.

·
Registered
114 Posts
jwc007 said:
These are old discontinued stock made prior to the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban. Ramline discontinued manufacture prior to the ban deadline.

Stick with either Taurus or Mec-Gar brand magazines. CDNN typically has good prices on them and that's where I've gotten mine.
I agree I have used Ramline mags in the past and ended up tossing them.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. When I buy more mags, they'll be one of the two.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
jwc007 said:

+1.... factory mags or MecGars, either or both are the way to go.

·
Super Moderator
21,942 Posts
The PT1911 mags are crap had a lot of problems with them went and bought Novack what a difference just look at the springs and followers, I here Chip McCormick are good to but I don't know of other brands of Taurus. I do know Mec-Gar are really good mags.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Odd, the only range gun mags used around here are Taurus. They've had several thousand rounds through them without problem.

Mec-Gar manufactures a large number of OEM mags, including those from Taurus in the past. ACT also makes OEMs. Seems to me that there's a fix for the round diving in the gun-smithing section. This problem with Taurus mags is a new one. I've used nothing but Taurus mags for 25 years with no problem.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
45 Forever said:
The PT1911 mags are crap had a lot of problems with them went and bought Novack what a difference just look at the springs and followers, I here Chip McCormick are good to but I don't know of other brands of Taurus. I do know Mec-Gar are really good mags.
I haven't had any problems with my PT1911 mags.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts