Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm not looking in the right place.

I've been searching the forum, looking for a way to attach a light to my Judge. It's got no rail, so I'm wondering about options. Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm not looking in the right place.

I've been searching the forum, looking for a way to attach a light to my Judge. It's got no rail, so I'm wondering about options. Any advice will be appreciated.
Laserlyte makes a rail adapter, but I'm not too sure how easy they are to find.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah...I've been looking, but can't find one in stock anywhere. I've read where it need a slight modification to allow the Judge to function correctly...which is fine. I keep mine in a holster on my bedpost, and I need a light - preferably with the "instant on" technology like Viridian offers. I want to be able to see before I shoot.

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
You will need to have a minimum of 25 post to access the Classified Section here on the forum, but there was a member who had one of the adapters listed for sale not long ago.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Just checked the classified section, wthclt is the member selling it. You could probably p.m. him to negotiate the sale.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just FYI but I have the laserlyte rail on my Night Court Judge and there are not issues with the cylinder coming out and it has held up (stayed snug) with both 410 and 45LC rounds. I did have to get a smaller light than the TLR-1 I wanted to use.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Been trying for years per a previous thread on here to get a rail for my Judge, was told by laserlyte they don't sell them anymore, they had problems keeping them secure to the frame due to the recoil of the handgun, told me only way to secure it was to weld it to the frame. The locking screw would come loose with the recoil after a few rounds, one of the early models of the judge came with a permanent rail .....good luck finding one tho ......

·
Registered
475 Posts
If anyone else is looking for one of these my LGS has 2 of them. I think he wants 40 bucks a piece for them. I could be the middle man for ya.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just attached the rail. Of course, it didn't work. But with a little work with the Dremel, it fit fine. I'm sure after a few rounds, it will loosen up, but it will hold a light steady enough for me to see what I'm shooting at in the dark.

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
To OP BourbonCowboy, you have been on this forum for quite a while - well over a year. You haven't built up a post count enough to navigate to the classifieds section and that is the only part of the forum open for searching to purchase/sell items - either firearm or nonfirearm related. You may use PM to discuss this with other members but you may not pursue these avenues in the open forum.

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Thread closed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.