Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took out the 454 Raging Bull 8 3/8 barreled to get some trigger time under my belt prior to a "fun day shoot" this weekend. We are going to compete cleaning bowling pins off a table at 15 yards. So... I made up some paper targets in the shape of a pin (but smaller). The one on the left was shot with an XDm 40 s&w and the right the 454. Both guns are pretty much spot on with a bore sight laser showing the dot where the sights are aimed. But... my manipulation of the triggers seems to push the Xdm to the left and pull the Bull to the right. I obviously have more work to do, but it's not horrible bad (IMHO). And, yes, that is SNOW still on the ground around here :(

One "funny" thing I noticed was that the Raging Bull seems to have some sort of magical power to eliminate recoil --> from other guns. After shooting it, the .40 felt like an airsoft! The grips on the taurus do work VERY well at taming felt recoil. 45 rounds down range and no hint of sore hands.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's that white stuff on the ground? Don't tell me it's snow!
Yes it is that nasty 4 letter word that shall remain unspoken! In fact, there was so much I had to stop the truck a half mile from my property and walk. Drifts are STILL 2-3 FEET and naturally, the deepest ones are across the road. Those that don't know about spring sn--, well when it melts and freezes at night it clumps into like little ball bearings. When melting they are VERY slippery. Been stuck in that before and it's not fun getting out. We just got nipped in the last storm Monday with just a couple inches. It was 22f this AM. Brrrrr.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I bought mine used. And Im 100 % sure someone worked on the trigger, but I dont know who. Its very light and crisp! It will help you a LOT if you get it worked on.

I can hit a baseball at 100 yards with a good rest! No kidding,,,Ive got the target some where around here.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
↑ mine's used also. Vintage 2000 from the sn. I have no doubt it could hit that well... just might need a better finger on the trigger! Mine also came w the scope mount. Was going to get scope snd try it on bambi this fall. Also black bear next year as I "should" get a kill tag.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good luck! Ive killed a lot of hogs with mine,,,,but no deer yet.....

I've got spots with decent deer travel and max 70-100 yard shooting range. Always thought it would be perfect for a handgun. Never had one that was "legal" for hunting here, now that's fixed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts