Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
A revolving action rifle that shoots the .454 Casull cartridge would be interesting. It would probably simular to
shooting the Government .45-70 cartridge

·
Registered
118 Posts
as of 3 months ago Rossi said there were no plans to make a judge based 454 rifle. And I so wanted one too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
as of 3 months ago Rossi said there were no plans to make a judge based 454 rifle. And I so wanted one too!
Can the Circuit Judge me modified to take the 454 Casull rounds?? What issues has anyone had that has modified a Circuit Judge to take the 454 Casull rounds??

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Is Taurus EVER going to make a raging circuit judge that can hand the the 454?
Sounds like a cool and practical idea! Hope they do it.

Of course, with guns and mental health issues being in the news so much lately, "Raging Circuit Judge" may not be the name they choose. But it's a good idea.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just ordered a raging judge magnum, and I thought it would be cool to ms pain a mockup concept of what a Raging Circuit Judge would look like, so here it is. new concept raging circuit judge.png

·
Registered
502 Posts
A Raging Circuit Judge (RCJ) would be high on my list; I held off on getting a conventional Circuit Judge for a while, until I spoke to a Taurus rep at the NRA show last April and asked them specifically and he said "ain't gonna happen."

I don't know why they won't do it, but to be fair, the .44 Magnum is a pretty potent cartridge on its own, probably 2/3 as potent as the .454 Casull, and they do have a CJ in .44 Magnum (which will also take .44 Special, so it's not quite as "multi-caliber" as the RJM, but it's probably still a quite decent carbine.)

If I had my choice for an RCJ, I'd want to see if they could chamber it in .460 S&W. I don't know if that's possible, but maybe we could end up with something that could shoot mild .45 Schofields, decent-power .45 Colts, high-power .45 Colt +P, super-power .454 Casull, mega-super-power .460 S&W, and 3" .410 shot shells. That would be a pretty fun and versatile little carbine! I imagine there would be an awful lot of kick from a proposed RCJ, but that's the thing -- you don't always have to fire the full-power round. You could plink with the .45 Schofields and it'd feel about like using a .22LR, or you could scale up to the .460 S&W and have about twice as much muzzle energy as a .223 rifle.

Then again, I used a standard-pressure Buffalo Bore .45 Colt out of my standard CJ in a bulletproof vest review and was pretty impressed with how hard that .45 Colt hit; the CJ really gets a notable performance boost from that longer barrel as-is. A Raging CJ would be a must-buy on my list...

·
Registered
15 Posts

Now this is from 2011, but in this video at 01:38 now former US president of Taurus, Bob Morrison said "we're also making a rifle version of this called the circuit judge" while handling the now cancelled, concept raging judge 28 guage (cancelled because the ATF rulled that that size bore in a handgun would be considered a destrictive decvice). so that could hold some inside views on the future of this concept. Keep the dream alive, eventually we may get one.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I will bring it up on Wednesday when I have my meeting with them. If they hear enough folks ask about it who knows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
go to Taurus Software. Making data liquid and look at their online catalog.........they have what you want right there and it is a find hand gun! My best friend has one and I love it. It is a typical Taurus as it is well built, very strong, and unbelievably accurate in the different calibers even for the shotshell. I plan to purchase one. My pride & joy is my S&W 460; I retired my rifle after getting it as it is so accurate even at long range and the recoil is very manageable (nothing like the 500 hand breaker). Reason I mention it is because Taurus was going to produce one years ago but did not and I hear from a reliable source they are going to in 2014 and I will have to have one when they come out. In my opinion the best caliber that has ever been made for medium to large game hunting. (shooting the 45LC and 454 Casull can be done one handed if you can hold the weight of the heavy revolver :) "but you want both hands on the 460 when you touch it off" :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
I asked Rossi about a Raging Circuit Judge at the SHOT show; they acted like that was the single most foreign concept they'd ever heard of.

So, yeah, don't count n it any time soon. Hope RobbK had better luck with 'em.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So my question is why would they make such an anemic gun? If they won't do a raging circuit judge, then beef up what they have so we can shoot ++P ammo from it! That is all I ask!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I asked Rossi about a Raging Circuit Judge at the SHOT show; they acted like that was the single most foreign concept they'd ever heard of.

So, yeah, don't count n it any time soon. Hope RobbK had better luck with 'em.
LOL I do not have any better luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts