Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
I have an RB in 500 S&W Magnum and the accuracy with it is fine, not to mention it's built like a tank.

From those who own RBs in .44 Magnum, I've never heard any complaints. I never have owned a RB in .44 Magnum but did have a Taurus M44 once and accuracy with it was fine as well.

If you do purchase one, I think you'll be well served by it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i was going to mention the s/a trigger as being mighty good,but then i thought it was just me. i have a 454 6 1/2" and the recoil is very manageable.

i know my reloads with 2400 outshot the factory ammo. the corbons are a bit hot. however i haven't heard of a deer walking away from a 300 gr leaD ROUND stoked with 2400. dan

·
Registered
58 Posts
looking at 460 or 454 anybody tell me how short of a barrel before its just not fun to shoot thinking like 4in maybe 6in ?

·
Registered
559 Posts
fltrucker, my 5" 460 is a hoot to shoot; if $$ was no object I would buy the Ruger 454 Alaskan or the new Taurus 454 snubby & the S&W 500 snub; seriously, they pack a wallop but they are great conversation starters at the range and they put a smile on your face!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.