Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the accuracy out of the raging bulls? I have had 44mags in S&W, Ruger (Redhawks, and blackhawks). How do they compare?

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I have an RB in 500 S&W Magnum and the accuracy with it is fine, not to mention it's built like a tank.

From those who own RBs in .44 Magnum, I've never heard any complaints. I never have owned a RB in .44 Magnum but did have a Taurus M44 once and accuracy with it was fine as well.

If you do purchase one, I think you'll be well served by it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If I ever sell my Colt Anaconda, I may buy the RB in .44 magnum with six inch barrel. Gun has two cylinder release latches. The quality excells through out the revolver as accuracy is great...so says John Taffin in his Gundigest on 44s.

TB C45

·
Registered
96 Posts
i was going to mention the s/a trigger as being mighty good,but then i thought it was just me. i have a 454 6 1/2" and the recoil is very manageable.

i know my reloads with 2400 outshot the factory ammo. the corbons are a bit hot. however i haven't heard of a deer walking away from a 300 gr leaD ROUND stoked with 2400. dan

·
Registered
54 Posts
looking at 460 or 454 anybody tell me how short of a barrel before its just not fun to shoot thinking like 4in maybe 6in ?

·
Registered
539 Posts
fltrucker, my 5" 460 is a hoot to shoot; if $$ was no object I would buy the Ruger 454 Alaskan or the new Taurus 454 snubby & the S&W 500 snub; seriously, they pack a wallop but they are great conversation starters at the range and they put a smile on your face!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts