Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im thinking that the handgun i actually want is a raging bull. Sure its not found in my area at all, i in michigan, at any ranges or clubs for a look at first.

IS the .41 mag really going to be more whippy then the rest of the clan?
Can it take the 250 grain slugs from federal or american eagle?

The 44 magnum, does the barrel length really make a real difference from 6 to 8 inches?
IS the recoil going to be worse in the 44 then the 41 mag?

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Between the weight of the RBs, the ribber grips and the porting, the recoil and muzzle flip will be substantially reduced over another similarly sized revolver with wooden or hard rubber grips and without the porting.

If you're accustomed to the .41 Magnum then a step up to the .44 Mag won't be a considerable one.

I own a Raging Bull in 500 Magnum and even that behemoth isn't unmanageable. It's more of an abrupt and firm rearward shove with the 500 than the .44 which rolls upward in the hand.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I've never shot the .41mag RB but I would recommad going with .44mag because of greater ammo/reloading components selection.

.44 which rolls upward in the hand
hmm I dont know; .44 Raging Bull doesn't have much (if any) flip, it's like you said about the .500 more of a sharp push back onlu not as strong.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Gray_Wolf said:
I've never shot the .41mag RB but I would recommad going with .44mag because of greater ammo/reloading components selection.
hmm I dont know; .44 Raging Bull doesn't have much (if any) flip, it's like you said about the .500 more of a sharp push back onlu not as strong.
I should have mentioned my experience with the .44 Magnum was the M44 and not the Raging Bull. The M44 seemed to roll upward in my hands when I shot it. I imagined the RB .44 would be similar to that but maybe not. ;D

·
Registered
73 Posts
I can't comment on the .41 as all the Taurus revolvers I've shot have been either .44 Mags or specials. I can say without a doubt that the RB in the 6.5" (actually slightly over 5 inches of actual barrel) barrel has hardly any "perceived recoil" compared to most of the other guns I shoot.

My favorite load right now is a Sierra 240Gr. JSP over 12.1 grains of HS-6 (not a typical load). They are around 1200FPS and are very sedate. Honestly, I compare it to firing .38's in my .357's, just with more push. No smack in the hands, no giant muzzle flash, just a shove and a clean hole exactly where the gun was pointed. I can fire off 50 rounds and not be sore, though I do know I was firing a gun. ;D

The grip, back strap, porting and weight all work together to make this gun nothing but miles of smiles when shooting it.

Mmmmm good!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice RB. :) Taurus eye-candy is greatly appreciated around here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts