Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone measured the trigger pull on their Raging Bull or know what the exact weight it (both SA and DA)??

SA on mine feels like 4lbs Max and DA I guess 9lbs or so ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
While I was searching under RB 44 mags I came upon this post. I just happened to test the pull on my new RB the other day. It was in single action only as my RCBS trigger pull scale doesn't go very high.

Multiple identical pulls (location on trigger face and direction of pull) yielded an approx pull of 4.75lb's in single action. This is a new pistol with the internals cleaned and lubed with Mobil One oil. I'll try it in double and see, though I doubt it'll be lower than 10lb's.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried measuring the trigger pull on my RBull (by hanning weights onto the trigger :D) sometime after i made the post and IIRC I got 3lbs in SA and about 8lbs in DA. But my gun had probably over 1500 round at that point. Not sure how accutate my number are but it feels about right.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Honestly, if done right with known weights, it's probably just as accurate. I was about to go down that road, but I wanted a "real" gauge as I was in the process of repairing my wayward Kimber 1911. MidwayUSA was having one of their specials and I couldn't resist having an official tool to add to the collection.

Normally I'd try smoothing up the action by hand, but unlike the Smiths I'm semi used to working on, I wasn't sure what to smooth up other than the sear area, which I figure I can dry fire into a semi decent condition.

I also tried the DA on the RB tonight with my gauge. It only goes up to 8 pounds and the cylinder hadn't even begun turning with the gauge maxed out. Maybe I should order some weights to play with...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts