Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a ncstar 2-7x32 for my .454 and also the taurus mount. The scope came with rings but I'm to confident in them, could someone suggest some rings that are strong enough to withstand the recoil? I've heard good things about the burris zee rings but was wondering what others would work.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Weaver Quad Lock rings have been my go to rings for years on heavy recoil handguns. I have had scopes fail from the recoil but never had one slip in these rings. I shoot things like the 45/70 in a Contender with a 465 grain WNFLGC bullet. Have also used them on Smith X frame 500 and 460's. Keep the front scope lens away from the barrel ports. The blast from the ports will over time work on a scope.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Iam going to scope my Raging Bull 8 3/8" SS 44 Mag with a Simmons Prohunter 2x6x32mm already have the mount from the blue one i had they shoot you will see friend & iam using the Weaver Quad Lock in Medium they work excellent for me

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 454 RB and wont to put scope on it how dose the mount look solid or week and what kind of do think would be best for under 200.00 $ JRM454

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
The mount that fits on the rib is not a small mount. It gives a lot of room to mount the scope the way you want it. Have never had one shoot loose when put on right. Over the years have had large bore hand guns shake a lot of mounts and scopes loose. Both are built better now. Word of warning I have watched several bags torn up when people put a handgun in them to zero a scope. The big bores eat bags. Put some leather between the bag and barrel/cylinder part of the gun if that is how you are going to zero it. With the 454 start with some light loads or 45 colt ammo to get on paper, clean the cylinder then go to the heavy loads to finish zero. Will save some time and money if you are new to scopes and big bores.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts