Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!<br>First off, I will premise this with I, nor my friends that have helped, are idiots.<br><br>I have ordered two scope mounts to fit my .44 Magnum raging bull. It is the SS with 8 3/8" ported barrel. Neither the Taurus scope mount (part #10-032) nor the B-Square version fit. When I called Taurus after the first attempt (the Taurus mount), they confirmed that mount 10-032 is the correct one.<br>When I installed it, the screws tightened the clamps firmly to the mount but did not clamp firmly to the rib. It literally rattled when I moved the handgun. I returned that one to OpticsPlanet and ordered the B Square model hoping it would fit. Same issue.<br><br>It appears that the rib on my barrel is smaller (both thinner across the top and thinner in depth) than the mounts were designed for.<br><br>I will be re-engaging Taurus in the morning, but I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out why this gun seems to be unique - I am confident they do not mill their guns by hand so why would this gun be so different?<br><br>Any insight or rumors anyone has for this issue, I am all ears. I have had no success finding anything online about this particular issue.<br><br>Thanks much,<br>-Z<br><br>

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I have both the Raging Bull and Trackers with the rib type mounts. The Trackers have a smaller rib than the Raging Bulls and a Bull mount is loose on them. The Tracker mount is too small to fit the rib on the Raging series of guns. There are two different mounts for the Raging revolvers, one for the 6" and the other for the 8", length and recess milling for the front sight ramp is the difference between them. B Square makes the mounts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spoke this morning with Robert at Taurus. Turns out the first guy I spoke with 3 weeks ago (don't have his name) gave me the wrong information. According to him, the .454 mount for Raging Bull should have been the same. It obviously isn't.
Robert this morning gave me the info that the 44SS8 mount (10-029) will fit mine. What threw me on that was that according to the website, mine is 444SS8 (according to serial number lookup) and Taurus actually makes a model 44. In my mind, that made it two different guns. They are one and the same.
They are express shipping the Blue mount (can't find a stainless version anywhere), so at least it will be functional if not as pretty as I would prefer. I will post on here as the mount arrives and *hopefully* fits since I now have two different answers from two different people....
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can' say it "helped" since I know what mine should look like....
Make me a little jealous - absolutely! That is a nice looking rig.
Hopefully I will have some pics of mine by Tuesday.
Happy hunting!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Can you measure the width of the rail on your 44 Raging Bull? We measured several of the Raging series in. 218 bee ,22 hornet, 44 mag, and 454. They were all the same and the Raging Bull 454 mount fit all the same. Reason for asking the width of your rail was curious if Taurus has changed the rail width on the Raging series of revolvers? They are wider than the Trackers, but not as wide as some of their other and older revolvers. There has also been a spacing difference in the ribs over the years witth some guns.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
All the guns we checked were older guns and the same. That was why I was asking. Sometimes companies change specs. on things was curious if that was what has happened. Mine are same as yours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you measure the width of the rail on your 44 Raging Bull? We measured several of the Raging series in. 218 bee ,22 hornet, 44 mag, and 454. They were all the same and the Raging Bull 454 mount fit all the same. Reason for asking the width of your rail was curious if Taurus has changed the rail width on the Raging series of revolvers? They are wider than the Trackers, but not as wide as some of their other and older revolvers. There has also been a spacing difference in the ribs over the years witth some guns.
I just measures mine at 1cm wide and 2 mm in thickness.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could I also ask what scope mount model you guys are using on any of your 44's?
Taurus is sending me the 10-028 (its blue, their Stainless Steel version 10-029 is out of stock).
I already have tried the B-Square version that is supposed to fit same gun, so not sure how this is going to work out.
Any input on this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-Z

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just spoke again with Taurus, guy named Carlos. Taurus again tried to change my order to the 10-032 that fits the 454 Casull as well as the 44.
Carlos was surprised that the 10-032 doesn't fit mine since it was supposed to. His guess is that since my revolver is new (made in 2012) they may have reduced the size. After explaining that I have tried mounts for both the 454 Raging Bull and the 608 (both of which were too big), they are overnighting me the 10-028 made for the Model 44. I will be getting that by tomorrow, I will post how that turns out.

As well, he is going to look into whether they have changed the specs for the .44 Raging Bull this year and give me a call back. If they have changed, it sure would be nice to know. If they haven't, I sure would like to know what is up with my gun.

I am keeping several of the mounts - Taurus 10-032 (for 454 Casull Raging Bull), B-square mount for Model 608, and I will have Taurus 10-028 (Model 44). Hopefully the new one fits, otherwise they have done some changes and didn't bother to tell anyone.....

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
You are closer to Tracker size than Raging bull if my metric conversion is right. I can't post photos but pm me an email address and I'll send you photos of the Tracker and Bull mount and you can see the difference in size.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i am having the exact same problem. I own a 44 mag SS Raging Bull 8 3/8 barrel (which i love). I ordered the 10-028 blued mount, but it doesnt fit. the ribs on the barrel are too close together for it to mount. A guy from Taurus said it requires 10028 or 10029....Back to square one. I really need help here people. Any info or insight would be great!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I dont know what you are doing wrong ,,,,

I also have the SS with 8 3/8" ported barrel and the mount fit mine with no problems.

Does this picture help any?

THAT Is a good looking gun!!!!!!!!!! Wonder if you could install a mini red dot on that rail?

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I dont know what you are doing wrong ,,,,

I also have the SS with 8 3/8" ported barrel and the mount fit mine with no problems.

Does this picture help any?

Hey, that's my gun! Well, similar. Mine's a 454 8 3/8 also blue also with a scope rail. bought it used. The top of the rib
has had the blue rubbed off from the rail moving under recoil.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
If the mount moves with recoil it is not on right. I have several of the raging series guns including the 454 and Trackers including the 44 mags. When the mounts are on right they do not move. My 454 has had more rounds through it over the years than some put through 357's in a lifetime.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts