Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The easy choice is Leopold, but Id rather not spend that much. Anyone have a good inexpensive pistol scope?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Tried a search in here and came up with nothing... Be patient,someone will answer soon..
I do know that from what i read on these guns, the bigger ones definitly sound like they would eat a scope alive, if it was not very good :eek:

Good luck my friend ;)

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I'm not a fan of scopes on handguns, but I wouldn't get a cheapo scope; Raging Bull is chambered in powerful calibers (btw what cal. do you have?) so you'd need to get a well built scope that can handle the recoil. Esp with a gun like RB that  recoils straight back. Sorry can't suggest a specific model....but I'm assuming you know that you'd need a long eye relieve scope. I would also get something with a range and no with a set distance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up a 454 recently. Its been a lot of fun so far, but I want to try it out at longer range than my eyes will allow.

Gray_Wolf said:
I'm not a fan of scopes on handguns, but I wouldn't get a cheapo scope; Raging Bull is chambered in powerful calibers (btw what cal. do you have?) so you'd need to get a well built scope that can handle the recoil. Esp with a gun like RB that recoils straight back. Sorry can't suggest a specific model....but I'm assuming you know that you'd need a long eye relieve scope. I would also get something with a range and no with a set distance.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Leupold is the easy choice. One of their EER (extended eye relief, purposely built for hunting pistols) scopes will do wonders for your shooting. I, too, shoot Cassull's and not much can take the abuse. Of the 3 other scopes, the Leupold is the only one that has remained true. I suggest going with a non-adjustable one. They can take more abuse, especially if you are wanting to fire some Hornady 300gr through it. Adjustable scopes can succumb to repeated beatings, it has something to do with the adjustment mechanism.......that is what I read when I was researching a scope (after blowing 3 others). I have a 2x on mine, but wish I had bought the 4x. They do have an adjustable model, however I can't justify spending another $300 when I have a perfectly functioning unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys,
I talked to a couple of gun guys at work the other day and they both suggested the Burris FastFire for the 454. I have looked online to find some reviews and did not find any for the 454 with the Burris on it. Has any one heard any thing on the Burris?

I own a 8" 454 and have loved the few round I have put through it.
I purchased it to shoulder holster while scouting for deer here in WA bear country. In 2008 a guy harvested a 570 lb black bear locally. Wow, it had 7 ' 2" cape, not the norm but maybe there are more out there.

Todd in Poulsbo

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Awhile back I saw a YouTube video that showed a Raging Bull topped with a holographic dot "scope". The small scope was mounted out towards the end of the barrel. I think it might be worth check those out as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts