Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Taurus fan has gotta love the Raging Bull. Totally impractical, but what a weapon! :D

Anyone care to express their preference of the 8-3/8" barrel vs the 6 incher?

One of my local dealers has a used 8-3/8" .454 SS (with a decent scope) for only 350 bucks. I know I'm a fool for not gettin' it while the gettin' was good, but maybe it's still there.

But jeez, the thing weighs a ton! Not quite a one-handed operation. :eek:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
My preference is actually for the 10" .500 Magnum model. :p

However in .454 Casull I'd prefer a barrel length of 8" and in .44 Magnum either 8" or 6".

$350 for a RB is a steal providing it's in good condition. You should jump in on that deal with both feet if it's still available if you return. :eek:

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yowza!!! :eek: LOVE that picture, T-9mm! :D

Thanks guys for the advice. Hopefully it will still be there on Monday. :)

BTW I never even knew there was a 10" 500. OMG! :p

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
crazycatt said:
Yowza!!! :eek: LOVE that picture, T-9mm! :D

Thanks guys for the advice. Hopefully it will still be there on Monday. :)

BTW I never even knew there was a 10" 500. OMG! :p
I'm glad you liked the picture crazycatt. The .500 absolutely dwarfs the .357 Tracker under it in terms of sheer size as well as power but both fill a niche. ;D

Unfortunately Taurus discontinued all of their RBs in .500 magnum recently. They can be found from tiime to time on www.gunbroker.com but are extremely popular when they are listed. The last 10" model I saw listed there had a bid of $750.00 with a couple of days left on the auction (at the time).

·
Registered
16 Posts
I picked up a RB .454 8-3/8" in black about 2 years ago for 300$. Best buy I have ever made. The recoil on the Raging Bull is a lot more forgiving with the muzzle porting an the soft back strap. At 350$ for a SS model with a scope, you would be a fool not to grab it if it's still there! I would prefer the 8-3/8" model over the 6" because it really is a hunting gun. Besides when I take it to the range I always get the "wow look at that dirty hairy gun" looks and it's even more fun when it goes BOOM :D

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dreaded, glad to have you with us.

$300 for a .454 Raging Bull is quite a steal and if you have a chance, please post some pics here. That is to say either in this thread or at the top of the subforum in the sticky titled 'Show Us Your Taurus Revolvers'. :)

Taurus eye-candy is always appreciated. ;D

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
crazycatt said:
One of my local dealers has a used 8-3/8" .454 SS (with a decent scope) for only 350 bucks. I know I'm a fool for not gettin' it while the gettin' was good, but maybe it's still there.
DANG! It's SOLD.

Lesson learned: NEVER enter the local gun shop without at least 350 bucks on hand.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Taurus_9mm said:
Welcome to the forum Dreaded, glad to have you with us.

$300 for a .454 Raging Bull is quite a steal and if you have a chance, please post some pics here. That is to say either in this thread or at the top of the subforum in the sticky titled 'Show Us Your Taurus Revolvers'. :)

Taurus eye-candy is always appreciated. ;D
Thanks for the welcome!

.454 Casull 8-3/8"

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice dreaded, thanks for sharing! If we have a spate of forum members buying Raging Bulls over the new next few days after viewing this thread, we can take responsibility. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll have to admit I'm addicted to large caliber magnum rounds. I've had my eye on the S&W .500 for a bit now so I may be one of those members :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
But back to original question - 6" or 8"? In my opinion 8" is preferable, because a longer barrel offers: greater accuracy (maybe not by much, but every little bit helps), greater velocity (again, every little bit helps), lesser recoil (because of greater weight and length). As for carrying - it's not that much longer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just bought myself the 8 3/8, i am very excited to shoot, the msrp on this guy is 950 according to taurus, but prices aside... I like the big look of the 8 3/8. I dont know too much about the specs or accuracy, nor have i shot either (yet) but hell, you should just get both

1 - 18 of 18 Posts