Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have been around guns for many years and have a very big collection. Revolvers have recently peaked my interest so I have been greatly considering my first one. I wanted something that could shoot a big boy caliber so the 454 I started looking at (it has more energy at 100 yards than 44 mag does at the barrel). The raging judge magnum 6-6.5" vs the raging bull 6.5" have been my 2 primary options. Please enlighten me as to which one is better. I'm not really interested in the use of 410 as I feel like compared to the other calibers.

raging bull 454
- 5 shots
-454 or 45 lc
-built like a tank

raging judge magnum
-454, 45lc and 410
-6 shots
-fiberoptic front sight?

from what I read it said the judge has rifling that is not as deep as the raging bull so it can shoot the 410's I didn't know if this was accurate. I'm just trying to see if I'm shooting mostly 454 or 45 colt if the raging bull is better for my needs (6.5" version). I also wanted to see if the raging judge was more of a jack of all trades but master of none.

Thanks is in advance

·
Super Moderator
37,040 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois! I am not that well versed on the specs and characteristics of the two. I own a CP44 SS with a 6" barrel and have fired the Raging Judge Magnum, which I liked a lot and what inspired me to acquired the CP44 which was pre-owned and at a lesser cost. I am confident that others with more knowledge of the two will be along to weigh in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your timely response. It seems like the raging judge is the same price as the 454 bull (and in some cases I'm seeing the bull for even more than the judge) which was leading me to believe that the bull must be better in some regards. The way I see it is that you are losing a round by choosing this gun over the judge.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have the Bull with a 6" barrel. When I was looking to buy one I was in the same position as you are right now. THat is until I saw the Raging Judge up close and personal. The Judge is massive, really it should come with a bipod affixed to the underside of the barrel.
After seeing it I assessed what I wanted to do with it. I am a shooter not a collector, and I really didn't see the need to fire 410 shells. Don't have a need for a handgun that does so I went with the Bull instead.
I have never regretted the decision.

Yes the Bull is built like a TANK. I rarely shoot 45 Colt out of it. Typically the only time 45 Colt goes thru it is if there are some people that want to shoot it but don't want the recoil. Other than that I shoot pretty much full house loads. I am a Big Bore junkie!!!!! The gun is more accurate than I am, and is pretty muck a flat shooter out to just about 100 yds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts