Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from a great range session with my Sons. We brought out my youngest's .22 Mare's Leg, my Seecamps, Glock 17, Sig P238, a couple of NAA revolvers and finally the 454 Raging Bull. We saved shooting that for last just like the finale during a fireworks show. It is an indoor range with five lanes. After my first shot, everyone stopped shooting to see the cause of the shock wave in lane two. Talk about respect:D

The onlookers stopped shooting again when my 12 year old who is about 100 lbs. shoot it to see how he would handle it. I'm proud to say he was on target and had no fear shooting this powerful round. I let a couple of guys try out the 454 who seemed intimidated by the round and who I also sensed didn't have much respect for the Taurus brand. I think they may have changed their minds after that. This was a great day!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
There are few things in life that can compare with spending a day with your sons (or daughters); and I'm sure the range time was enjoyed by all who participated.

I salute you, Dad!

Reactions: Olliegarcia

·
Registered
145 Posts
My indoor range doesn't allow anything hotter than .45 Colt so that's all I've fired through mine so far. It's very mild mannered with that round, I was hoping for a few more fireworks :)

·
Super Moderator
13,778 Posts
Y'all made me smile, just imagining the reactions of the rest at the range. I like your style (saving the biggest for last). Well done!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts