Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,my bil has a Taurus .44 Magnum Raging Bull,when we're shooting(Winchester ammo so far) the spent casings hang up and don't want to exit the chamber,it seems as though the casings are a little swelled upon inspection after being fired..maybe?? Has anyone else had any issues like this? Thanks in advance for any thoughts...Phil

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had this in my 44 ultralite. 44 spl ejected fine but my buffalo bore stuck just a bit where they needed a bit extra "motivation" to come out. I wasn't going to worry about it but I was sending the gun back for other issues so I made Taurus aware of it. Now that I think about it I don't think their service overview mentioned anything about this so it probably went unfixed. Give CS a call and see what they say. I got my gun back in a little over 2 weeks so the turnaround isn't bad at all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the Taurus M44 and found that if I shoot CCI blazer's, I have to use a dowel to punch the caseings out of the cylinder. don't have problems with the brass caseings just the aluminum ones....

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had this issue when using the cheaper ammo. The American Eagle ammo did this in my Ragging Bull and my 444 Ultralite. The Remington, Magtech, and Buffalo Bore gave me no issues.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I have. I purchased a Raging Bull .44 Mag. about a month ago. Mine is bulging cases in all 6 cylinder chambers, and when we shot it three out of 30 were split lengthways from rim to the tip of the casing. The Cylinder chambers appear to be oversized and have excessive side play with new bullets. I checked mine with a caliper and rather than being round, the chambers are actually oval shapped. Something must have gone bad in the machining stage and the firearm made it past inspections. Mine is packed up and on its way back to Taurus for inspection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts