Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if this gun was actually sold and if so, how many? I found it on the Taurus web site, but have never found a reference to them existing.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
The .30 Carbine Raging Bull does indeed exist and they were available to buyers, though I believe they've been discontinued. I don't have the production numbers on hand but believe they were produced in much smaller quantities than the RBs in other calibers i.e. .44 Magnum, .480 Ruger, .454 Casull.

I've seen listings for them in the past on both gunbroker.com and gunsamerica.com though I've just rechecked both sites and neither currently have one listed for sale. I did find an older auction for one on Gunbroker though, here is the link if you'd like to view it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=71040324

Checking that site and others like it periodically may be your best bet in obtaining one, though you may have to pay a premium for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much. I have no real need for such a gun, so I better start saving my egg money, cause I want one. They are probably as common as the Hornet and 218 Bee. Local shop has one, had both recently. Bee & Hornet that is.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
You're quite welcome. I wish you luck in your search as well. Additionally, Taurus is also supposed to be releasing a Raging Bull in .223 sometime this year, though I don't know if that would pique your interest however. :)

I posted a thread on it awhile back:

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=961.0

·
Registered
279 Posts
While not Bull related I have a buddy who has a Ruger Blackhawk in .30 carbine. Fun gun to shoot and the muzzle flash/blast is impressive.

It would make a great companion gun for a DCM M1 carbine.

·
Super Moderator
35,281 Posts
I know a fellow with a Blackhawk in the caliber. The caliber seems rather useless to me, pathetic even out of a carbine. I really see no use in it other than a companion to a carbine. I love those little M1 Carbines for looks and handiness, but the caliber leaves me flat. There was an outfit some time ago modifying M1 Carbines to some .44 caliber wildcat, maybe like the old automag or something. They were a little high dollar, but would make a dandy woods game gun if they were accurate enough. In 30 carbine, though, I'd look elsewhere. My SKS is fine, though heavy, but at least the caliber is somewhat serious. LOL

Out of a pistol, I've never desired .30 carbine caliber when I can get the same gun in the most versatile .357 magnum. Just doesn't do anything for me, I guess.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Up here in washington the .30 carbine would be an excellent brush gun for deer. On the wet side of the mountains very rarely would you have to shoot past fifty yards. and the velocity on that little rifle is in the neighborhood of the .357/.38, however due to economics I carry a .44 and an old .303, also have a conversation with a couple of world war two and korea vets, and they will most likely tell you that little carbine was good enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts