Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I joined the forum recently I said I had a Taurus 96 and 94. I didn't remember that Taurus purchased Rossi so I neglected to mention that I also have two Rossi Plinkers, the 6" and the 4". Both in the black polished finish. Both were purchased NIB from Gun Broker well after Rossi stopped making that finish. They are fun to shoot, accurate, and reliable. The double action trigger is great, the single action has a clean break and you don't need both hands and some help cocking the hammer.
These revolvers were one of the best buys for a double action .22 that I've seen. No they are not a Colt ( although they do favor a snake gun) but they look good and shoot good. I think the reason Rossi (Taurus) changed the finish from the polished to the matte,(spray on bed-liner) is that the weapon was too nice to sell at the price they were selling for. Rossi doesn't make this weapon at all now. When I called Rossi-USA they said they didn't know if they would be making them again or not. If anyone has a R98102 (2 " snubby version) with the black polished finish let me know. I would love to have the complete set.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Can't help you in your search for a 2" R98 (I am looking for either a 4" or 6" model myself), but am glad to hear you really like the ones you have. I had a newer model Taurus 94 (polished black w/5"barrel) that had to go back to Taurus @ 1100 rounds, as it started spitting lead at me. I am hoping the Plinkers are better made.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
;):D:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts