Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an R461 that seems to be a pretty decent rig, though the sites are pretty bad out. at 30 feet, shoots 1 1/2 inch to the left. I am thinking that can be solved by milling the right side of the rear site some. The rear notch is too narrow for the front blade anyway. A more difficult problem is the grip puts the first knuckle of my middle finger against the rear of the trigger guard, which gets uncomfortable after a few shots, especially if shooting the .357 cartridges. Does anyone make a grip that will reposition my finger? If I slide my finger back a little it helps, but do not have as firm a grip then.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you just got the 461, I would WAIT on getting the files and jack hammers out.
1-1/2 inches at 10 yards isn't too shabby. Especially if your grip isnt 100% comfy.
Send a few (well, lots) of rounds down range. Let the trigger wear in. Get the feel
on the new toy as it breaks in. You "could" be pulling or steering that barrel a bit
with a new to you trigger. Let it loosen up a bit as you get accustomed to it, and it
to you...(breaking in)

I have a 462 that would bind on one chamber, and don't think that didn't also have
an effect on accuracy vs the other five chambers. Get yourself some snap caps and
spend a few hours cycling that cylinder. THEN, consider (carefully) altering the sights.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't plan on doing anything right away, but the shooting was done both with 2 hand holds, left and right hand and eyes, and from a rest. Being able to shoot with either hand or eye has it's advantages. I have replaced the grip, as the original which felt nice, but put the knuckle of my middle finger against the back of the trigger guard. I ordered one from Pachymar that is slightly larger and has s bridge that moves my middle finger out a little bit and puts the knuckle to the side a little. Too cold to do much with it for a while outside, and I do have snap caps I have been using to get used to it.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts