Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I was wonder if anyone can confirm the cylinder of the R352 equivalency to any other "more common" revolvers for the purposes of finding a speed loader. We purchased an R35202 revolver for my wife in 2013 and at the time, I couldn't determine any direct equivalents, but ended up getting an HKS 36-A which worked well enough.

However, it does hang up a bit and I'm not sure whether this is due to a difference in dimensions, the grip interfering, or a combination of both. Wasn't able to find much info by searching either.

Would anyone be able to confirm is its the same as something like a Ruger SP101? Or at least give some recommendations of what speed loaders work well for your own R352s?

·
Registered
548 Posts
I can't answer your question about the specific model, but I've used the same speed loader for a S&W Airweight J-frame, a Taurus 85, and a couple of different 5-shot Rossis. The fit isn't quite perfect on any of them, but it works well enough.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response.

That was the conclusion I was coming to as well--it doesn't seem like these speed loaders work perfectly, but will be "good enough" to get the job done.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
You can always use Speed Strips. With a little practice and loading tow cartridges at a time you reload a revolver pretty fast.

·
Registered
580 Posts
When I still had my 35102, I used H&K as well as Safariland CH7 speed loaders and thought the Safarilands fit a little better. Especially after I put Pachmayr Compac grips on it. A lot of people like the H&Ks better than the Safarilands, but I actually prefer the Safarilands. BTW, I also have the speed strips too. I still use all of them for my S&W Performance Center Talo, 642 although I traded for the Smith partly because it's cut for moon clips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts