Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today DMHCMAN and I took a trip up to the local indoor range. He had a box of WWB 9mm for his 111, and I picked up some .45ACP reload when we got there. We started out at 15ft to get back into the habit of these crazy Straight Eight sights. But after that, we brought it up to 10ft for some more "practical" practice.

Here's what we did for the second 50 of our ammo.

I aimed for the head (red circle...obviously) and he aimed for the bread basket. (Don't pay attention to his wild shots, he thinks he's a cowboy) I'm noticing my group is STILL down and to the left, it's quite agitating. I don't know if I still need time to adjust to the sights, or if I'm doing something wrong. Once again, we ran another 100rds through our guns with 0 failures of any kind. Both pistols are up to 400 flawless rounds now.

And...I got bored...and, well...photoshop is fun :D

That's my new background. ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
625 Posts
Good groups. There are some possibilities for changing out the Straight 8 sights if you just can't get the hang of them. The Wilson Combat sights work well with just a little modification and that'll give you the three dot sights if you prefer. My groups improved after I made the change.

See the Smithing section for more information about the Wilson Combat sights.

It sounds like you had a good range session!

Todd

·
Registered
878 Posts
It's funny. My wife and I were shooting low and to the left.  I stood in front of the mirror, gripped the gun and squeezed the grip.  The gun "nose dived".  Tried putting my pinky under the mag and squeezed, pointed straight.  Before I was able to try it at the range, I picked up a Hogue handall jr.  Changed the gun completely.  Now when I squeezed the grip, it pointed straight.  Took it to the range, and my wife were both hitting dead on to point of aim.  Try the mirror thing, you might be surprised what you see.  Try and Handall jr., it's cheap and improves the gun dramatically. Oh, by the way, I have the PT111 pro.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts