Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day i was tasked with picking my younger brother up from an after school activity at 4. on my way in i decided to stop at mcdonalds for something to eat thru the drive through. the school is just around the corner, and while i could have carried while i picked him up per KY law, i just decided to forego arming my self and make the quick round trip. i was having a lazy day around the house not going anywhere. well, at about the same time i was at mcdonalds, a bank across the street was being robbed. for the last several weeks i had been religious in arming myself if i left the house, but the one time i didnt, i was within shouting distance of a bank robbery. i didnt know any of this had happened until watching the evening news, but goes to show bad things can happen at any time, anywhere. i learned my lesson, thankfully it wasnt the hard way, but rather the reality check way. always carry unless prohibited from law!!

here is the news article of the events.
Three State Car Chase Ends in Crash in Hebron - :: Cincinnati news story :: LOCAL 12 WKRC-TV in Cincinnati

·
Super Moderator
35,549 Posts
That Teller was on the ball tossing the device into the bag. If an alarm was raised while the BG was still in the bank it could have turned into a hostage situation there or in adjacent buildings.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thanks for sharing this account with us.

Vigilance and Being Prepared for most anything is now the order of the day in the society in which we live.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Yeah, my wife uses the exit where he crashed to go to work and come home! Those jerks, could kill anyone else on the road, Thank god, he only took himself out.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
That reminds me of the time the wife and I were coming up here on vacation. We had just got onto the highway North of St. cloud and was running about 60MPH and thefirst thing we saw was a car go flying past us like we were standing still, it looked like it was "floating" down the highway then I saw patrol cars coming up behind us and they were going so fast that they were along side of us before we heard the sirens. They too seemed to be almost "floating". Fifteen or twenty miles down the road the original car was off in the ditch with squad cars everywhere and cops running through the woods and fields while a chopper was flying overhead. They all had to be running well over 100MPH from the way they were handling on the road. The chase went through 2 small towns after they passed us and it is wonder no one was hit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree, nevervleave home without it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Agree totally, better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I would LOVE to carry all the time but my base has this wierd way of thinking that anyone having a firearm other than the Security Police or the rent-a-cops at the gate, presents a danger to the base.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would LOVE to carry all the time but my base has this wierd way of thinking that anyone having a firearm other than the Security Police or the rent-a-cops at the gate, presents a danger to the base.
Some bases allow you to store your firearms upon entering at the gate. Talk to base security and see if they offer some sort of service for those who desire to be armed when off the base.

Another alternative is a lot of bases have community storage sites nearby. Many have smaller rentals that are inexpensive (particularly for active military) that you can use to store extra belongings and store your personal firearm prior to entering the base. I know many who utilize this option including yours truly, with the permission and blessings of the landlord. The smaller units for my area go for $39 a month.

Hope this helps. I can suffer the idea of being unarmed while on base, but as soon as I depart, my best friend comes with me.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Some bases allow you to store your firearms upon entering at the gate. Talk to base security and see if they offer some sort of service for those who desire to be armed when off the base.

Another alternative is a lot of bases have community storage sites nearby. Many have smaller rentals that are inexpensive (particularly for active military) that you can use to store extra belongings and store your personal firearm prior to entering the base. I know many who utilize this option including yours truly, with the permission and blessings of the landlord. The smaller units for my area go for $39 a month.

Hope this helps. I can suffer the idea of being unarmed while on base, but as soon as I depart, my best friend comes with me.

Amenities on a National Guard base are minimal. I'll check out the storage idea though. SPs and the rent-a-cops freak if one mentions they are armed, even if they haven't entered the base yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts