Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a 1911 as my second handgun, do the PT1911s have the internal security system. this is improtant to me as i have a 13 year old brother and was a major factor in me buying a taurus in the first place, also how easy is it to put all the cool custom goodies, or do you need to modify any thing

Thanks
Zach

·
Registered
38 Posts
Zach,

PT1911's have the hammer lock do-hicky from Taurus which works fine just don't lose key.

There isn't much you would need to add to a PT1911 to have most all of the bells and whistles of a customized .45. You may have to replace one or two of those bells and whistles over time but that pretty well goes for the other 1911 styles out there also. Do your research both on this forum and on www.forum.m1911.org. Choose wisely.

Des

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, they have the Taurus Security Lock, which on the pistols is on the hammer when you turn the key, doesn't let you move the hammer, slide or trigger. Just make sure like someone said, you don't lose that key!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for that link, i already have a lock box. but i think i buy one of these next pay check

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
There are a number of trigger lock external safties... some of which have a touch pad lock rather than the key version. The nice thing is that most of these are almost universal.

I don't have little ones at home and keep them way above grandchildren's reach in the top of the closet.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I am only locking up my 4 handguns, so I picked up a Wally World, 19.95, two shelf key locked box. It will be easy for the thief to carry out of the house, but when locked the little neices and nephews cannot get to the guns. I actually use it for a small night stand by my bed. If we are going to be gone for a day or so, I can put them in the larger safe in our basement. No one person could move that sucker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts