Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a Rossi matched pair rifle .22lr/ .410 for my eleven year old son.

are there other caliber barrels that are available for that frame and where can I order them.

any one have any longevity issues ect., any info would be great, thanks

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
You can purchase extra barrels right from Rossi. They may have you send in your receiver to fit it though. I have never had an issue with their rifles/shotguns at all. Usually pretty good

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a rossi 22/410 and it is a decent little rifle, fun and reasonably accurate to shoot. I got mine for my son a few years back. Unfortunately he almost never uses it

Before you walk out of the store make sure you dry fire it a few times to see if you like the trigger. The trigger on mine is a bit heavy and my son has a hard time getting decent groups with it. Also closing it back up requires a bit of force as well, isn't a big deal to me, but to my son it was hard and took away from the fun of the range

Honestly he uses it for the 410 if we are messing around at the range with clay, but as far a .22 there are other guns in a similar price range that get the job done better.

It might not seem like a big deal, but when a kid is in good position behind a rifle and they take a good shot, having to completly come up off the gun, break the barrel, insert the round and then re position, is a lot of work

If I knew what I know now, I wouldn't have gotten the rossi combo and would have opted for a youth bolt like a savage mk 2 or even a cz youth if funds allowed

Sent from my Desire HD

·
Registered
246 Posts
You can purchase extra barrels right from Rossi. They may have you send in your receiver to fit it though. I have never had an issue with their rifles/shotguns at all. Usually pretty good
Actually I've heard that they will NOT sell other barrels. They will for the wizard but not for the matched pair rifles...

That being said, I have that exact set...the 22/410. I got them for my 8 year old but we've only had a chance to take it out once. I liked it a lot and the 410 is fun to shoot. I can say this though, my older son dropped it once and the front bead sight came off and we lost it in the snow. Not a big fix but I do think they should be a little more hardy than that. I ended up getting a truglo bead sight and installed it with Locktite, that should keep it in there.

Here's a pic of mine...oh and BTW, these make great budget survival rifles, you can store a few things in the stock and the whole set up with the bag can easily go in a trunk or behind a truck seat.

·
Super Moderator
40,702 Posts
Walmart always has one or two of these in the case, I think around $135.00 (don't quote me on that). My son looks at them every time we are there. If I can't find a decent inexpensive .410 at the next gun show I may break down and get one for him. I just really like the look of the older .410's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts