Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I just bought my first Taurus revolver... A Tracker .44 Mag and I have a couple of questions. I figure if anyone can answer, it's the fine people here.

1. After I bought my Tracker, I was told that there was a problem with things "loosening" up after a few hundred rounds. Is this true?

2. I am used to Glocks and such with Tritium night sights. Do they make aftermarket night sights for Trackers? I bought this gun to carry while hunting and in deer/elk camp. We had at least three cougars take down a deer about 50 yards outside our camp a couple of years ago about 2 AM and night sights would have been nice since my first instinct was to grab my sidearm.

Thanks in advance,

LH

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Have not had any problems with the 44 Tracker shooting loose after years of 240 grain hunting loads. As to the question about night sights can't help you on that. Have had a Tracker barrel shortened and different front sight installed.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
My Tracker 44 had to have the screws tightened several times in the first few uses, they seem to have settled home now. Be sure to clean all the preservative out of the clockwork and loob it with a quality product.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...That is a huge relief!

I was told that some of the Trackers had rear sights come loose and had problems with other things I can't seem to recall right now. And I gotta say, it seems to be built like a Bull (pun intended). I am very impressed so far. My 16 YO son loves it too; and the look on his face when he shoots it is priceless.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guesser. I have put less than 100 rounds through it so far. I guess I'll have to get out there and put several hundred through it to see what happens.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I bought a 41 Magnum Tracker last summer. It was my first and it convinced me that the 44 Tracker would be a good tool as well. I had sold off all my other 44 magnum revolvers, Rugers, Smiffs, all I had left was a Contender 10". I liked the 41 enough to try the 44, glad I did. I have put over 1000 hand loads thru the 41 in the months I've had it and it has settled in and is a favorite, but then I had never found reason to sell off my other 41's like I did my 44's. I like the big bore Trackers, don't know about the mini's, 357 and smaller.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know what you mean. I was in the market for a .357 mag when I came across the .44 Tracker.

I had two Trackers out in the store, the .357 and the .44. I was trying to decide which was better...5 rounds of .44 or 7 rounds of .357...I think I made the right choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts