Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to this site and to handguns in general. I recently bought a stainless Taurus Model 606 .357 w/ a 2" ported barrel. I don't know much about Taurus aside from the lifetime warranty, so I was really glad to find this forum. I have two questions:

First, did I buy a good gun? The gun was inexpensive, but it was sort of an impulse buy. I have read a lot of posts on other similar models (605, etc) but nothing on the 606. I would really like to hear from anyone who is familiar with the 606.

Second, can I use .38 plus p's with this gun? I have only put about 100 rounds through it so far, and those were light 38sp and 357 mag.

Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Steel, I appreciate the info.

When I was firing it the other day I noticed the action felt like it was sticking, and I had a misfire. Should I take it back to the dealer for a tune up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pepe,

The muzzle flash doesn't seem too bad--I've only fired the gun in broad daylight, so I don't know if it would effect a shooter's accuracy in dim light. As far as the noise, this is definitely a very loud gun. If you fired it at an intruder in your home and missed, you could at least be sure he'll be deaf for the next couple minutes.

I bought it primarily to use as a house gun, because it's small and I know that my wife could use it if something happened while I'm out of town. It doesn't have much recoil either, so it isn't too intimidating to her and it remains fun for me to take to the range.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.