Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a chrome finish or maybe mirror finished nickel Taurus revolver. It is hammerless with a 2" snub nose barrel with rubber grips. It has the factory box with all paper work. I can't seem to find any information on line about this gun, and was wondering if anyone might be able to give me an ideal of its approximate value and age. The guy wants $279 for the gun.....

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm not aware of any polished model 85s that were in the Taurus catalogs. But the best way to check it out is too get the serial number and enter it into the "Find My Model" link on the Taurus website...scroll all the way to bottom of home page. Historically, Taurus have done some special production runs for distributors that never make it into the catalogs or are shown on their website, but you can always verify if it was polished by factory (I think it was) via the suffix info of the model number...thinking it will PSS for polished.

I did a quick google search for "polished Taurus 85" and found a few listing on the first page. Here's two of them:
- ARMSLIST - For Sale: Taurus Model 85 38 Special polished stainless nice
- used Taurus 85 Stainless .38 $177.00 SHIPS FREE *** no date shown so who knows when sold ***

Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.