Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taurus is a company that makes a GAZILLION DOLLARS in Gun Sales, and has the most PISS POOR Web Site I ever saw for a Big Company...!!!...??? I think Taurus should put under contract the "Web Master" of GUNBLAST.COM to make and maintain an up-to-date web site...<:)) Wouldn't you agree, that the Face of the Company projected to the World that us Gunner's see, is the Web Site... Do you like the layout, and "Projected Quality" of the Web Site, and Content of GUNBLAST...??? Do you think that would help the "Projected Image" of the Taurus company to the Worlds Gunner's if they had a "5 STAR" Web Site...???

·
Registered
663 Posts
SgtKnuckles said:
Taurus is a company that makes a GAZILLION DOLLARS in Gun Sales, and has the most PISS POOR Web Site I ever saw for a Big Company...!!!...??? I think Taurus should put under contract the "Web Master" of GUNBLAST.COM to make and maintain an up-to-date web site...<:)) Wouldn't you agree, that the Face of the Company projected to the World that us Gunner's see, is the Web Site... Do you like the layout, and "Projected Quality" of the Web Site, and Content of GUNBLAST...??? Do you think that would help the "Projected Image" of the company to the Worlds Gunner's if they had a "5 STAR" Web Site...???
What on earth are you talking about? Don't you know Taurus people are only there for the customers best benefit and interests? And that a website always reflects such warm and helpful interests?

A Taurus rep indicated great shock to me when I suggested updating their website. So the website itself must be really great. :rolleyes:

JimL

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Well the way I see it you have a choice, a good web site, or a good gun. I don't think people who make firearms are that entirely web savvy, and I would rather have a good gun that has a crappy website than a good website about a crappy gun.

·
Registered
127 Posts
JimL said:
WHOA! There's no law that says a gun smith or gun designer must run a web site. All they have to do is hire the necessary person.

JimL
Good Call Jim, if they don't want to hire somebody, Taurus could go the route of having another company do it for them when they have changes.

·
Registered
663 Posts
worthirt_99 said:
Taurus could go the route of having another company do it for them when they have changes.
They do that already. W G Studios does their web site. But you have to give a rip enough to demand decent service out of your web service company. :(

JimL

·
Registered
663 Posts
Robby said:
You do get what you contract for. If you want constant updates and maintanence, I guess you have to pay extra. I know when I build web sites, I get additional fees for the updates, and changes.
Aha! You've hit on it! Taurus doesn't have enough money to pay for regular maintenance! :( :( :(

JimL

·
Registered
276 Posts
Honestly, I didn't make my purchase decision on my Taurus because of the way their website looks. In fact, I didn't even go to their website before I made my purchase!

I used to deploy IIS webservers for a large digital photo company in the Seatle area. I would expect such a company to have the best website possible, but a gun manufactuer?? To each their own, I guess, but I don't think a web site is a reflection either way on a gun manufacturing company. Customer service, on the other hand, is a direct reflection and if the service is bad consistently I would steer away from the company.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
JimL said:
I wonder which lines they will cut from production first??? :( :( :( :( :(

Woe, woe, woe! :( :( :( :( :(

JimL
The ones that come back most frequently of course!! If your losing your butt on repair of an item, GET RID OF THE SOB!!

It may be your most popular in years, but if you can't make it work, get it out of the line.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
ya i agree the layout is'nt bad but it has piss poor information, how about they open their book of secrets and give detailed information on parts, and variants.

they dont even have pictures for all their models.

their manuals both pdf and print suck.

like i said layout is fine.. information is sorely lacking.

·
Registered
846 Posts
This is gotta be knew, from the guns to their site, I agree it ain't the best I've seen but as Ace said the site does you no good if the gun is a junker, and I know allot says they are, but I'm happy with mine so far, and if it means I can get a new one at a price that I might not be able to afford otherwise I will put up with it. Could be worse .

·
15,931 Posts
JimL said:
How about they give us some assistance with holsters?

JimL
Well they say that they send blanks of the guns to the major holster makers ahead of releasing the guns. But if the holster makers do nothing about it, we are stuck still. If they could get a commitment from some and post links on site, that would be a help to all, and a boost to both Taurus and the holster makers.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Robby said:
If they could get a commitment from some and post links on site, that would be a help to all, and a boost to both Taurus and the holster makers.
Exactly.

So I guess the obvious conclusion is that Taurus begs and begs all the holster makers to make holsters for Taurus guns and all, each and every one of, the holster makers stubbornly refuse to do it... :)

JimL

·
15,931 Posts
JimL said:
Exactly.

So I guess the obvious conclusion is that Taurus begs and begs all the holster makers to make holsters for Taurus guns and all, each and every one of, the holster makers stubbornly refuse to do it... :)

JimL
Obviously, I do not know if they beg or not. I saw a VP for Taurus on one of the gun shows, telling one of the people from the show, that they put either a gun or a blank of the gun in the hands of the Holster people, in advance. Holster makers, apparently want to know they are gonna sell some quantity before they will commit a model for them.

I know, I can get a holster for just about any model, if I am willing to put out X # of bucks. Some will not be accurate hold, like the one I bought for the Judge.

Others that match other makers guns, like from Fobus (inexpensive choice) will fit fine. But they only advertise one model for the PT Pro series.

Here is where it gets fun, the others makers guns, the same size, that use the one for PT Pro's "sp11b" paddle only, have several models that they swear will fit like the XD, or HD2000. Now why if they fit the pro and the XD or HD in one model, do they say the other models will not fit the PRO. Or even mention that they can be used in the PRO.

I do not know if it is like some, site not being updated, or just a failure of the holster makers to admit that they will fit the Pro series.

It also applies to Rossi revolvers, either in grips or holsters. The old models list, that have not been available for purchase since the 80's or 90's, the 68's or 88's but try to find one that says it will fit the newest models. One site does list the 38's, 351, 352, etc, but does not mention the 357's 461,462, and the longer barreled versions.

When asked, they threw it back to me "For the 461, the TA85 (which is designed for the Rossi 351 and 352). If the dimensions are the same, then there is no reason why this holster should work."

So I could order the one they tell me, as the dimensions seem the same to me, from the web site anyway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts