Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. This is my first handgun I have purchased. I bought it about a week ago and have used it at the range two times. I would say there is just over 100 rounds through it. I have attatched photos that show the guide strips for the slide appearing to split or crack. Is this normal wear or is this an issue? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
23,101 Posts
That's just part of the plastic. Molding is often rough there, on any brand's handguns. I would give it a second thought if I saw that on one of my polymer framed pistols.

Good pics though!

welcome from New Mexico.JPG

Reactions: Dan51

·
23,101 Posts
That's what I'm saying. I don't see it as significant to manufacturing quality, it doesn't sound like you're seeing reliability issues... ignore it I'd say.

Reactions: loudviking

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah, mine looks a little odd there, too. I've never noticed it in my interval inspections. Wouldn't worry about it.

G2C is an excellent pistol, you'll enjoy it. :) I've owned Glock, S&W, Ruger, and Kahr pistols. I rate the G2 and G2C very highly. :)

Reactions: Dan51

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yep mine is like that a little bit. Could be from the process of how it's assembled. Rounds from original owner are unknown but I'm north of 1000 and no signs of it going south from that area of the gun.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Remove the slide. Then replace it while watching the rear right corner of the slide. It has a little play as it get near the area you pointed out. If you move the slide to the left it will hit the handle just where you are talking about. If you hold the slide a little toward the right, it will pass that area and not scratch the gun.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Welcome! Looks to me as though it's just getting broken in. Clean it Lube it, Shoot it and see if the wear continues to progress.
View attachment Welcome.bmp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts