Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My PT111 G2 has developed an issue where the Recoil Spring assy pushes through the front of the slide. It's under warranty so I need to return it to Taurus.

My question is....

Since I've never sent a gun of any kind in for repair, how does it work.

I know that I'll need to contact Taurus via either phone or their website chat to get the repair authorization. What happens then?

Does Taurus send me a shipping Label with which to return it to them? Do I have to take it to an FFL to make the return to Taurus? How does it work?

Please, someone who has warranty repair return experience tell me how it works so that I'll be prepared once I contact Taurus.

TIA

Ed

·
8,887 Posts
Use the little blue chat icon on the bottom right of the Taurus web page to initiate a chat. Then answer a few questions- problem description,serial number, your contact ph and home address. Then I have them send the mailing label to my email. I print out the label. Now in your case they may just be willing to send you a new recoil asm, but they may also want to see the gun. So if you have to ship it, I put the pistol and one mag in the original taurus box, inside a bigger box, I pack the bigger box with air pillows( I have lots of those from other shipments I received). Insert a short note about the problem, with your contact info for the bench tech. take it to the shipper, they will tape the box up and put your label on it. Taurus will send you an email when they receive it, then the 12 week wait begins. Once repaired they ship it back to your home address.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
warranty aside, it might be quicker to replace your assembly. that is if there isnt anything wrong with the slide.
Thanks. Already did that and still have the problem.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use the little blue chat icon on the bottom right of the Taurus web page to initiate a chat. Then answer a few questions- problem description,serial number, your contact ph and home address. Then I have them send the mailing label to my email. I print out the label. Now in your case they may just be willing to send you a new recoil asm, but they may also want to see the gun. So if you have to ship it, I put the pistol and one mag in the original taurus box, inside a bigger box, I pack the bigger box with air pillows( I have lots of those from other shipments I received). Insert a short note about the problem, with your contact info for the bench tech. take it to the shipper, they will tape the box up and put your label on it. Taurus will send you an email when they receive it, then the 12 week wait begins. Once repaired they ship it back to your home address.
Thanks, that's the info I was seeking.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
My PT111 G2 has developed an issue where the Recoil Spring assy pushes through the front of the slide. It's under warranty so I need to return it to Taurus.

My question is....

Since I've never sent a gun of any kind in for repair, how does it work.

I know that I'll need to contact Taurus via either phone or their website chat to get the repair authorization. What happens then?

Does Taurus send me a shipping Label with which to return it to them? Do I have to take it to an FFL to make the return to Taurus? How does it work?

Please, someone who has warranty repair return experience tell me how it works so that I'll be prepared once I contact Taurus.

TIA

Ed
This happens with the factory RCA?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow!!! Since Taurus doesn't pay inbound chipping on repairs, I got a quote on shipping. About 1/2 the cost of the Pistol. Think I'll see if anyone locally wants to buy it for parts.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Ed do you have a local FFL that could ship it for you? It might be more reasonable.

Reactions: EdinGeorgia

·
Super Moderator
37,223 Posts
Mine appeared to be doing that and it was the black retainer unscrewing from the assembly. If the slide opening hasn't been damaged, that's probably the case with yours.

My LGS/FFL that I have a good relationship with sent back a PT 92 and a Rossi via USPS for under thirty bucks each last year.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We only have on FFL in my town that I would trust doing that. Unfortunately, not my favorite LGS.

I'll check with them and see what they can do.

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine appeared to be doing that and it was the black retainer unscrewing from the assembly. If the slide opening hasn't been damaged, that's probably the case with yours.

My LGS/FFL that I have a good relationship with sent back a PT 92 and a Rossi via USPS for under thirty bucks each last year.
It's done it with multiple spring assemblies including an after market assy. So, I'm reasonably sure that it's the slide.

If I can get the LGS to ship it back for me for up to $50, it'll be on the way.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
They will definitely be cheaper than $50.00. Just got back from range with my oldest son. Turns out he shot the best groups with the G2 with new trigger from Keeptinkering. As for me my best groups were with the S&W shiel 45acp. Good Day.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went to the only FFL in town that I would trust. They shipped it for $40. They can do it cheaper than I can because they, as an FFL, are not required to ship overnight

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Went to the only FFL in town that I would trust. They shipped it for $40. They can do it cheaper than I can because they, as an FFL, are not required to ship overnight
Would have thought it would have been cheaper. If sending priority mail w/ signature i do not see it costing more than $20.00. Guess they have a service charge.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Would have thought it would have been cheaper. If sending priority mail w/ signature i do not see it costing more than $20.00. Guess they have a service charge.
One of the other shops may have been cheaper. However, as I said, I trust the one I used far more than any of the others and was willing to pay their price.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hope you get it back soon. Please keep us posted. Curious to know what issue was.
Shows to have been received at Taurus Repair today. The 12 weeks begins.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts