Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would someone please tell me if the safety levers, slide release button, hammer, etc. are plastic or metal on this gun? Thanks.

·
Registered
21,112 Posts
Safety and slide release are metal, the hammer; not real sure.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello,

I just bought the PT-845. All parts are metal. First range trip was today, and the pistol really shot well. Very few stove pipes with my reloads, maybe 5 out of 300 rounds. It fed my hollowpoints, SWC, and roundball very well. I also have an M&P 45c, and bought this gun to compare. To be honest, I like the PT-845 equally as much if not slightly more than the M&P. I'm very happy with this gun, and looking forward to the next time at the range. There was a recent post about the front site being slightly off-center with this model. Mine was off to the left a few cm. I didn't try to center the front site until I shot the gun. I'm glad I didn't. This gun shot to point of aim even with the front site off slightly.
Hope that helps. Another Taurus success story.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought the PT809 and fell in love with after round 18. I have several other handguns, one of them being the PT140 Mellinium. The 809 will be my favorite hands down.

·
Registered
21,112 Posts
The sights are much better on the PT140 Mellinium after shooting the 809 and the Mellinium back to back. I like that the dots are larger and because of this my groups are much tighter at 25 yards than with the 809 and the Mellinium is a compact. I guess I'm having problems with alignment along the longer slide on 809?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yep all metal as they are all ferrous (magnet sticks to them). I've the 845 myself and like others I was shooting low, tho that may be me as this is the first time on a range in ten years, so I'll be going to classes before I decide if I want to change out the sights. If you do decide to change out the sights someone else here suggested this place for the 800's. Pistol Fire Sight Sets by WILLIAMS Gun Sight Company, Inc. Dunno how good they are tho if anyone gets them could you post a new thread on them for us?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts