Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping to find a nice PT132 as a second gun for my wife to go with the M327. The question is, did the 132 make it to Gen 3 to get the DA/SA trigger? That would be a very nice feature but not necessarily a determining factor. Also they seem to be quite rare or no one wants to sell. When did it go out of production?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The last year of production for both the PT132 Pro and PT138 Pro was 2011. Yes, the pistol went through the third generation with the DA/SA trigger but never received the dovetail sights. Both models use a fixed post "dot" on the front sight and a windage adjustable "notch" rear sight (No dots).

The kicker for the PT132 Pro is the lack of magazines. Taurus stopped PT132 Pro magazine production in early 2010. The magazines that you find offered are for the first generation PT132 (not Pro) and will not fit the Pro.

Yes, the PT132 Pro is a very nice handgun but just be aware of the lack of additional magazines.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the answer and the advice. Right now I would be happy enough with just 1 mag. I'll keep looking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts