Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm fairly new to this site and taurus, but I have been reading through numerous post about the MilPro Line with some questions. I'm very interested in the PT111 as I just like a 9mm. I noticed that it does not come with a front rail, but the PT145 does come with one. So all this to lead into my main question is this site legit having a PT111 with rail?

Taurus PT 111 Millennium Pro Duotone 9mm Pistol - Hyatt Gun Store

Or is it just a pic of the PT145?

Thank you in advance for any help you guys offer!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That's the wrong picture, it's the pic of the PT145 and not the PT111. I remember we discussed it a few times in the last 2 years.

Now I believe the PT111 G2 and PT140 G2 have the accessory rail (at least from the pictures posted here by some members).

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Ah! Thought so. PT111 G2, I have not seen this. Is there a particular site that carries this?
Nope, it's supposed to be a new product line. We don't know when these MilPro G2's are available (or if they will ever show up in the gun stores - Taurus is the most famous gun teaser.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it. I seem to run into those teaser companies often lol. Thank you for the help, I will pick up the PT111 has the rail is not a make or break deal.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Actually, I never used the accessory rails on my pistols. I don't like to add the laser sights and such on my handguns. Please let us know after you pick up the PT111.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Actually, I never used the accessory rails on my pistols. I don't like to add the laser sights and such on my handguns. Please let us know after you pick up the PT111.
Gave me a chuckle - IMO lasers are about as useless as tits on a boar hog for me. The chuckle was for my S&W Sigma SW40VE I use for home defense - wanted to add an LED flashlite, but the bastard rail wouldn't work with anything, so had to buy an adapter rail just to install the light. Other than that my pistols with standard rails are all virgin. ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Definitely the wrong picture. By the way, Hyatt is a great store. I live maybe 20min away and am always scared to walk in because I know I'm walking out with a lighter wallet in some fashion. Of course their markup is ridiculous compared to their web page, but their guys will even tell you "I can work with you, but if you are tech savy buy online and come pick it up to save a few bucks if it's a "pick up today special"". I was with a friend who pulled out his phone, bought the gun and then "picked" it up after we were done browsing their safe selection.

Their staff is quite knowledgeable, selection large, and just decent guys to talk to. Although they are SWAMPED now. Usually there is a line of about 40 people waiting to go in when they open every day, and I think they just did a couple of $1Mil in sales days recently. They have marked up their prices a bit given the recent craze, but you can still find decent deals there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nope, it's supposed to be a new product line. We don't know when these MilPro G2's are available (or if they will ever show up in the gun stores - Taurus is the most famous gun teaser.)
I picked one up at a local pawn shop in ks for my wife this morning. They do have the picatinny rail but its a short one

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
One of the features I really liked about my new PT-111, was the fact that it did NOT have a Rail, so as not to snag on clothing. :cool: It wasn't a deal breaker for me either, if it did have a rail. :)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Ahah! Now there is a pt111 G2 I see. I'm gonna have to read a while to be convinced my perfect MilPro can be improved.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts